1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

We're the kind of house that has to clean for the cleaners :coldsweat: We used to have cleaners come in every 2 weeks... but that was too much work for us... so now we have laundry help weekly and rest of the house cleaners every month. And we STILL don't qualify as a tidy house:fearscream:

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

ayyo @peartree same pinch. Whenever I see a google auto car on the road I think .."people...why don't u come up with auto-folder " ?.

SeekingMind and YoGirl like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have hardly folded clothes in the past one year. Seeing the neatly folded and put away clothes in the closets... makes me fall in love with him all over again. The way to a woman's heart is by folding the laundry, I tell you. :blush:

About the reaction to clutter - used to snipe at each other. Now, we are older and more comfortable in our skin and house as it is. Had some guests recently. Didn't expect they'd go upstairs. I didn't care. Just excused myself from the guided tour. : ) I didn't care... I can sort the house or the heart and minds of the young ones! Both, I can't. When the guests came back down, I could see the wheels spinning in their heads, and the compare/contrast with the immaculate downstairs cleaned up for guest-view. I coyly and demurely presented them with chai, samosas. : ) : )

DH is more organized though..and once in a while my clutter in common areas gets to him. If he says something and starts to sort/throw..I bring up the fact of the matter: years ago, a kitchen draw attracted ants. He used an ant-killer spray on the draw.. some items got soaked in addition to ants. He threw those away........ one was: my book of hand written recipes compiled over years!!!!!!!

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Our house is always messy ..our toddler being main reason. But other than kid, we blame each other for messiness. Something I do not like that he does and he does not like my actions. He usually cleans / vaccums while accusing everyone, I appreciate but I also hate that he packs everything together and put away (small things on counter ) and I can never find then.

SeekingMind likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Keeping the house organized is always a bit of a problem...we both being hoarders.Of course we both hoard separate things and find each others hoards 'unreasonable'.We got together and gave birth to two more hoarders......so our house is a chaos hidden in boxes and cupboards and drawers .

When we got married...I got a few lectures from Mr YM on my house keeping skills:eek: ...but he soon gave up and joined me in my chaos.:p

As long as the boxes ,drawers and the cupboards are closed ...we are fine.:relaxed:

CoolPie, hemchi, songbird46 and 10 others like this.
  6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I am pretty certain the only reason you brought this up was to rile me and JAG up with envy :rage:

Ohh.. the house tour! My husband springs that on me/the guests sometimes. The guests themselves wouldn't be expecting it, but he... being the person he is would offer a house tour. I won't get why, though... it's not like they can actually see how nice the rooms in the house are, because the rooms are usually filled with the stuff we put away from the living room for receive those guests!!

coolgal123, songbird46, SGBV and 6 others like this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Since ours is an arranged marriage...I used to always wonder if we would have ever fallen in love and married if we did not meet in an 'arranged ' way.

So one day I asked my husband if he would have fallen for me and married me if we had met ourselves:hearteyes:....he said"yes".:).....pause :unamused:pause:smirk: pause:confused:..."but not if I had seen the inside of your cupboards.":nono:

CoolPie, Vaikuntha, anupama1 and 8 others like this.
  8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I usually keep the things in place. But my DD and DH both are
    just on the other side which makes me yelly. Still DH always has his
    ears closed whenever I say to organize his things. But vaccum cleaning-
    he does regularly. Not bad right!

SeekingMind likes this.
  9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Oh! The power one feels when there is something to hold over the BH's head... priceless.

Same pinch with the guests situation. Ensure everything is outwardly tidy but don't go OTT anymore with fresh, colour coordinated towels displayed in bathroom for guests who visit for an hour...

songbird46 and SeekingMind like this.
  10. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

We have buzzing bee that keeps our house, tidy;) and it is not me.

SeekingMind likes this.