What's ur gift u got and u gave :) on mother's day

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by artistic, May 10, 2010.

1. artistic

artistic Senior IL'ite

2. Priakarthi

Priakarthi New IL'ite

Nice topic Artistic.Saw your card...and it very cute :thumbsup
    Since I can't meet my mom in person on mother's day since she stays in chennai, I ordered a gift for her online.
    I ordered her a set of 12 fengshui buddhas.She liked it a lot as she loves collecting such stuffs.:)
    I got pearl bangles for my MIL.

3. artistic

artistic Senior IL'ite

Awesome Pria.... :)

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

My mom's in India and I called her and wished her a happy mother's day. Since she's travelling I could not send her anything.

I got a box of chocolates and a pair of noise-cancelling headphones. I work from home and asked for the latter to help me resist the calls of my 21 month old :)

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

HTML:
    What's ur gift u got and u gave on mother's day
    None and None. :)

DH is out of town. He calls every night but he forgot to wish because the place he is at now, has no advertisements on billboards or TV to remind him of the big day, I guess. :rotfl

Usually he greets me (along with my LO) with a great card and some cute gift. This year, though he called for his routine chat, DH missed it. I did not feel like reminding him too. :bonk

As for me giving.. Mom's day is a new wave for my parents or ILs. And I feel sort of artificial to greet them out of the blue. So I let it go every year.

But my LO did some craft at school along with a Mom's day message. I cherish it. :thumbsup

6. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

I got Chanel Sunglasses this year. But the best thing I got was a Card my DS made ,with comments about why he loves me so...

I asked my sis to give my mom her favourite food items. She is sick and does not wear many fancy clothes but she loves Celebrations so everyone gathered around her and brought lots of goodies for her.

I gave my MIL a purse and a saree. I sent money to my Bils account and asked SIL to buy it for her. She was surprised and happy. It was from all her children I told her and that made her happy.

Don't worry true.. these India people will soon learn about the commersialization of these days...:).
    I also did not give gifts to mom or MIl till last year but decided to do it from this year. Got inspired by IL.

Although people say its just a day...but I like to celebrate it. I don't know why...

FL

7. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi!

A nice idea to share with ILites about the Mother's Day gift...

We, my DH, DS and DDIL and two grand-kids are currently visiting my sister in the US... so we were 3 Mothers bonding together and got huge hugs and kisses from the children, something priceless...
    and a lot of appreciation for all that we did and do for them... the best gift ever!

Padma

8. thecallofktulu

thecallofktulu New IL'ite

I live far from my mother, so I couldn't give her any gift :(

9. artistic

artistic Senior IL'ite

My mom saw the card today... Just i got a call from her that she loved it much!!!!:) glad to share with u all :)