1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

what's on top of your fridge?

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Booni, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Booni

Booni Junior IL'ite

Hi

I live in the US in an apartment. Apartment kitchens have limited storage.But still, I do not want to keep cereal boxes,and chips pockets, and popcorn packs on top of my fridge though they are convenient for pickup,and storage!

Any ideas to keep something beautiful on top of the fridge? I have seen people keeping some plant on a large pot, or a really big vase or something?please give me the specific name of the plant design, and size of the flower vase..I have bought something earlier, kept it, it did not suit, so returned it. My fridge is the typical white color fridge what we find in most of the apartments.

moreover, if we keep something cute and decorative, no one will be tempted to occupy that top space with the above said cereal boxes kinda stuff..so the kitchen looks much more presentable at all the times!!

Any suggestion is appreciated, if you could attach some images of pictures with decorated fridge tops, then nothing like it.

Thank you.

2. rnp1112

rnp1112 Bronze IL'ite

I am not sure about the plants but I have kept a few small gift items properly arranged on my fridge ..it also look good

3. r.anjum

r.anjum New IL'ite

I have kept money plant pot on fridge,as i water once in week

4. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Once I visited a house. Two or more very nice photo frames were kept there on top of fridge, their children's childhood photos were there inside.

It was looking very nice as the photo frames were very good as well as their children's photos.

A nice idea....I liked it very much.

5. magna

magna New IL'ite

Its best to avoid using real plants in vases / glass jars..it mite look cute but as my mom says its a disaster waiting to happen. General rule is never place any sort of water containers over electronic appliances be it fridge, TV, music system, etc..dont know when the vase mite tilt , spill the water and cause an accident. Moreover, the plants dont survive well due to radiation and heat from these appliances.

If u do love flowers try a low arrangement of artificial flowers....Instead of huge vases that can fall down while opening or closing the fridge door...a porcelein/glass/cane bowl wud be appealing, safe and low maintenance(just regular dusting would do).

Also a cane/ bread basket filled with fresh seasonal fruits or plastic fruits wud look yummy :thumbsup

6. lifezbeautiful

lifezbeautiful New IL'ite

I have my wine bottles there.

I got 5 bottles as gifts in the last 3 months and I do not have any other place in my kitchen for them :)

7. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    You asked about what is on the top of the fridge. But on the face of the fridge I have magnetic photo frames in which I change the photos every month.Thereby we can enjoy our daughter`s photos frequently.

8. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

hi dear!
    here are some!

Attached Files:

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I don't know how much of space you have on your fridge - is there a storage shelf on top of it?

On my fridge, I like to keep traditional kitchen Indian stuff - like mortar and pestel set, murukku/chakli maker etc - all brass ones. You can also keep a brass bowl, may be diplay a couple of brass plates in a holder.

Ofcourse if your fridge is right next to the stove, you will have the additional job of cleaning them as they might get dirty. But still, I like the look :)

10. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

I cannot keep anything on top my fridge as it is placed under the kichen counter but there are a few fridge magnets on the front side of the fridge:(

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010