1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What's in your shopping list for this Thanksgiving 2014?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Induslady, Nov 19, 2014.

1. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

Hi MalStrom,

You mentioned buying Comforters from Ikea. But in Ikea, I have mostly seen only Quilt kind only. Are there really good comforters sets? I also feel Ikea size is little smaller than the standard queen/full, etc.

I like buying bed sets for my kids from Ikea, since I got their bed too from Ikea.

2. CoolIndianGirl

CoolIndianGirl Bronze IL'ite

Actually i got idea of shopping slow cooker after reading "gadgets in kitchen in IL" i think two weeks before. I m planning to make subjis especially chickpeas or lentil ones with that. Also soups. Me too never used it actually i got one last yr and returned it w/o knowing wat to do. But this time i have fair idea. Chk in google ther are lot of menu items that comes. I m a vegeterian i know uses are less but still i wanted to try this time and 9$ i felt ok ok to try it. Also more than that i love to fill my ktichen with lot of gadgets.

3. CoolIndianGirl

One more thing ladies, i got cookware set and food processer from macy's yesterday.

Tools of the Trade Stainless Steel 12 Piece Cookware Set - Cookware - Kitchen - Macy's of the Trade%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D23%26ruleId%3D%26slotId%3D1

Food Processor
    Cuisinart DLC6 Food Processor, 8 Cup Chrome - Electrics - Kitchen - Macy's

They gave for 29.99 and 59.99 respectively. May be they will again bring down the prices this weekend... if you wanted to start shopping dont wait till thanks giving. Check out all the deals this weekend. I feel it is really good deal.
    Also Tomorrow home depot and Khols opening mock black friday so chk it out and enjoy shopping ladies... :)

4. CoolIndianGirl

Hi Chk Target for Camera deals. i think they have T5 canon for 350$ this time. i like cannon than nikon may be because my first one was canon. :) But as per reviews both are equal. :)

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Bean dishes/soups come out very well in slow cooker. I would suggest doing plain dal and then adding spices/veg later at the end so the flavor will be vivid.

6. olivellam

olivellam Silver IL'ite

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

They have plain white comforters in all sizes. You have to buy the sheet sets separately: they come with the comforter cover, fitted sheet and pillowcases. I bought mine a few years ago and they are holding up well.

8. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am planning to buy pyrex 24 piece bake and store set for $19 at walmart.com and pyrex 18 piece set from Jcpenny.com for $14.99. Also have plans to buy clothes from old navvy as they have 50% off store wide on black friday.

9. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hey friends,

I also added stainless Steel Kitchenware in my list (wants to replace non stick from my kitchen after hearing so many bad things). Any one has any idea on good deals and recommendation on good brand (I am planning to take that to India as well while moving back, April next year)

Any one used Macy's Tool of the trade steel cookware..any thought?
    It's available for 29 in Macy..so planning to grab one set.

10. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

My vote is for Calphalon Stainless steel set- its very durable, no burning for fries and long lasting love it totally...