1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

What's In Your Fridge??

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Anandchitra, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

My experience is that an overfilled, messy fridge is the best way to waste large amounts of food, because you never find anything you need and you forget what you already have and buy more of everything and some gets wasted too. I do try and have a day to use leftovers and kind of cleanup but does not always work for me. So I now have the practice of not going to the grocery store until I finish up my stock. That is easier said than done so i do have to make one or two smaller trips. But this way I keep searching and going thru each draw and using up what I do buy. Money saving tip as well as i am a thrifty person. I recently organised my drawers in the fridge and have salad dressing and such in my bottom most draw as they used to take up so much space on my sides. On the sides I have green chillie and other herbs all sorted cleaned ready to go. Makes my life easy. Other two veg draws which have humidity controls have vegetables, fruits etc. In between goes my maavu and other left over, top for cooking lunch that dh and ds take from home. It is working for me. More on other later.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

By discussing whats in my fridge, I will be also disclosing my culinary abilities!!! My fridge has got a container with green chillies and ginger. Another container with milk. Another container with freshly made curds. Another container with peanut butter. One more container with Cheese. A big container with Dry fruits. Another container with sweets. I have bottles filled with boiled and filtered water. I have bottles of ketchup, sauce, salad dressings, sandwich dressings. I have a bottle of squash and couple of bottles of Maaza. I have neatly plucked and sorted corriander leaves in a can. I have plucked and sorted leafy vegetables. I have fruits like Apples, Oranges, Sweet Lime and Pomegranates. I always have lemon, Carrot and Cucumber in stock. I also have vegetables in stock. I also have Idli Atta in stock. I always keep dessicated coconut in stock. Let me check what more I have in stock.

3. Anandchitra

dearie sweetie mals
    feel like coming and peeking in your fridge and ofcourse sneaking away a thing or two. Even the way u write is organised. so i can imagine how well everything will be. Since you have idli ata in stock when i come ill eat idli and then have the fruits and maaza to drink. be ready here i come. keep blogin..

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

My fridge is looks organized in my eyes,and not to others.I can spot any item while my hubby stumbles to locate.The first day of the week my fridge looks clean,fresh and neatly stacked.Later it gets disorganized.Here is my list idli batter,milk,vegetables,tamarind paste,lemon juice,eggs,frozen food,cheese,soft drinks.Leftover food takes occupies more space.

5. Anandchitra

Hi Supriya
    Your fridge does sound organised. I guess its easier for us to find out things but when some family member wants something they have to search. I try and get everything organised in my whole house. My aim is to have everything in its place. Not sure when i will reach that point but I'm slowly getting there.keep blogin..