1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whats in your closet?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Sri,
    My friend also takes care of herself. She quit her job because she was not able to cope up with her office and house chores. She is focussed and happy with her decision.

I assure you it is not that we do not know how to train them. My daughters do help me a lot (cook, clean, mow, etc.. ) during summer vacation. Every week they do their laundry. I am sure your girls also will help you. But during school days, I focus more on their education. Without doing any house chores they work until 11p.m. (of course, with some activities and entertainments in between). Imagine, if you ask them to the house work, that's it. I do clean my house often, but sometimes I do get bored and prefer to sit in front of the comp. than working.
    BTW, did you keep golu?
    Happy Navarathiri!

regards,
    Sindhu

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi
    I always enjoy your posts. you write like it is. which is the way it should be. You are right in that everyone has to do their bit. Some structure and organised ways also help. Sometimes i find it annoying when people read ladies call at all times to just talk. its not always possible to just talk if you are trying to get so many things done. also staying at home doesnt mean that we have nothing else to do. I stay at home and have my hands full. maybe you agree?

3. Anandchitra

Dear Sindhu
    Youa re so right in you reply. also I agree with asking kids tohelp out during school days. there really is too much to do plus in weekends they have their activities. you are so very right.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sindhu, I totally agree with you that the children do have lot of homework and other school activities during the school years. but what about small jobs like folding each days washed clothes (only their clothes!) and keep it in its place,(instead of searching each and every part of the dress every morning), and throwing away junked school papers right away, getting everything ready for the next day school (imagine it will be like in a roller coaster in the morning going up and down the stairs!) i have no experience personally in the roller coaster, but i experience every school mornings:tongue and things like that.
    It is rightly said by AC that we should organise them to keep their things organised!:)
    I don't know what practice do my in-laws have regarding keeping Golus.
    So on these days I recite more slokas and make sundal as usual for the Navrathri and give 'thaamboolam' for those who come here. How about Golu on your side.

AC, I totally agree with you and I am on your side in this matter. don't we have many things in the house to do? only if we want to take a break , we take, 8) 8) otherwise we do it from morning till night before bed.

Sriniketan

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

hi AC,

If we were a little disorganised, I used to be reprimanded by dad. his famous dialogue.."Naan konjam neram asaiyamal irundaal neengal en meedum towel kayapoduveengal"

I cannot stand a disorganised closet. in my closet, a place is allocated for everything. the kids will have kerchief's to inners to uniform in already predetermined areas and they can come to me only if they dont find it there.
    (at the same time i cannot understand why kids cannot just give 2 more seconds to remove folded/ironed clothes with little more patience. and also:bang I cant understand how you tend to pick out the dress at the bottom even if you have shuffled it few days back.

Weekends children have to take all thier socks, napkins, ribbons to the right places.

think i have got deviated from the topic...my closet has bags pouches (i used to try to file.but sometimes due to laziness was misplacing them.) so now insurance goes into clear bags. bills of purchases into another. documents into another bag. have files with the first letters from children, their innocent diary entries to god.

I am a giving person. so dont stock clothes which are a little old. will give it to the orphanages when they are still having the sheen (just imagine the happiness of the wearer..it makes my day..)

we have not written lot of letters to each other..being in the same office..(looks like it was a disadvantage). veda is meticulous officially. but when it comes to the filing at home..he need his pa to do it...

For me the only problem is rather it is joke at home....if i keep something with too much carefully for safe keeping i tend to forget even if it is hitting me on the face...:confused:

so veda always says badrama vechutiya..inime avvalavu thaan. ...so i take the easy way out:tongue...i just tell him where i put..so that he can remember it....

shanthi
    (you people have to bear with us for 2 more days...for us to go back to our own ids... )

6. Anandchitra

Dear Shanthi
    Could not help laughing at what you have written. You both have different writing styles that after seeing ID i was reading and thought to myself this does not sound like him and knew when seeing your name at end. Really enjoyed reading ....if i keep something with too much carefully for safe keeping i tend to forget even if it is hitting me ....." thanks for starting my day of with laughter. :tongue