1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What''s In Your Bread Basket Today?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 6, 2016.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear @kelly1966 ,

I am starting to understand that hope comes in different forms in different households. Mine just happens to be a basket in the kitchen. Good to see you after a long time, my friend. :)

2. BlackMan

BlackMan Silver IL'ite

Women's undies really do cost a fortune these days.:oops:

3. meenasankaran

Dear @padma0604 ,

I am so glad the post entertained you. Nothing ever substantiates a point one wants to make like a scene from Bollywood. :D Thanks for your very generous compliments. You made my day too. :beer-toast1:

4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Simply Meena. Wonderful humorous snippet.

Regarding the bollywood scene, I remember a scene in the movie "Darr" in the song, "Darwaza band kar lo", Sunny deol and Juhi are in the house singing the song, and then sunny opens the door and boom, they are in Switzerland on a snow capped mountain continuing their song.

We have a bowl in our china cabinet that holds all the precious items and we can find everything there except the item that we are searching for. Currently, I am searching the TSA locks, not sure which safe place I have kept them.

meenasankaran likes this.
  5. meenasankaran

Dear @jskls,

As one who is forever fascinated with magic and sorcery, can't help but wonder what I will see if I ever come across a betal leaf and some black dye. Oh the possibilities are endless and since it holds the potential for a good blog, I might just go shopping to the Indian grocery store today in search of a betal leaf. :)

Oh, I am sure that the B&B Inn appreciates your contribution to their bread basket. Variety is, after all, the key to an interesting bread basket. :clapclap:

jskls likes this.
  6. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Lol… such an awesome post. You had me in splits.

Ain’t your bread basked too small? I had something like that during my teenage, but pretty huge… My cot. Anything that I had to hide, collect, store went in exactly under my mattress. None knew(including my sisters) it had M&B books, sachin tendular posters, greeting cards, cute fancy rubbers, feathers, mom’s theatre gloves, calculators that dad once thought he lost, sometimes even half eaten sandwitches were also thrown in haste. It was so easy you know, just lift the bed and tuck in anything you wanna hide.
    These old habits dont die at all, I still keep my jute duppatas to get it pressed phatapat.

meenasankaran likes this.
  7. meenasankaran

Dear @Rihana ,

I hope you realize how lucky you are to have found that one pencil that is NOT blunt. Your junk drawer has earned its place in your home now, don't you think? A sharpened pencil is a myth in my home. I have many pencils - all organized in cups strategically placed in different rooms but some evil slinks out in the wee hours of the night to chop off their heads. The whole thing reeks of Mordor.

Do cherish your drawer and its sister concern and give them all the respect they deserve, dear Rihana. :D

Rihana likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

Thanks @Kamalji. If I was able to pull a laugh out of you, I believe I have won already. :grinning:

9. meenasankaran

Dear Viji aunty,

I have nothing but admiration for how much positive energy you bring to this forum. Your child-like enthusiasm always brings a smile to my face. You are a source of comfort for so many here. I wish I had a fraction of your time commitment to IL and a tenth of your networking skills. Will probably have more friends if I did. :grinning: They are on my long list of 'things to learn in this lifetime'. You are a special person Viji aunty.:thumbsup:

iyerviji likes this.
  10. meenasankaran

Lol @kaniths . You got me there. :)

kaniths likes this.