1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What''s In Your Bread Basket Today?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 6, 2016.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear OJ-da,

I am afraid providing solution to a drain of any kind - battery or brain, is beyond the capability of my little wooden bread basket. Trust me, I have looked there in vain before. I suggest that you go to the world's second trustworthy black hole - google. What Lord Googleshwara doesn't know is probably not worth knowing. :laughing:

Good luck with your plan to build your own basket. Just a word of caution. It takes patience, practice and a good amount of providence's help to put together such a major vault. I know you can do it though. :grinning-smiley-048:

And many thanks for the nomination of this post in the FB forum and your kinds words sir.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,

HAHAHAHA. i dont know what u pull out, but surely u pulled out a laugh from me, thanks for that.Super duper one, and richly u deserve to win,
    Regards
    kamal

meenasankaran likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know you enjoy my presence in my thread. When you get time visit my threadstoo. I feel happy and like to bring a smile on anyone's face by letting them know about the nomination as they may not be aware and some dont go to the finest post forum. I visit the forum regularly , in the beginning to nominate the threads and in the first week of the month only I finish my four nominations. Also feel happy when someone nominates my thread and when Cheeniya Sir gives a wonderful reply I feel I already got the award

4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Why bother with quantum physics? :) When two wheelers can defy all space logics and carry any number of persons (or even chickens, cylinders, plastics, foods and what not!) and an ambassador car, well close to an infinite number of heads inside, I had say its purely Indian psychology! This thing, 'space for two'...? Just illusion in our minds, like the bunny magic!! :tongue:

meenasankaran, Amica and jskls like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena Sankaran,
    We too have a junk box at home. whenever we misplace anything ,our eyes will go to junk box first.I am reminded of a funny but serious incident at my sister's residence in 1981.My eldest sister has 5 children and one after another will be visiting them often.They had a cradle at home borrowed from me but kept with them for years.That green bamboo cradle was supposed to be a 'raasi'( lucky)cradle and we had so many infants have a sound sleep into the cradle.
    My sister was using it as a miscellaneous storage.Nobody cared for this. It was kept in a corner of a drawing room.After 12 years of marriage her daughter conceived and a girl baby was born. My sister ceremoniously cleaned the cradle and kept it ready for the baby.
    The baby, just 15 days old was sleeping in the cradle.As it had been used as a junk store space for long, nobody remembered that the baby was there.First my athimber ( brother-in-law just threw his unclean dhoti into the cradle.Since the cradle was big, the dhoti didn't affect the baby.My sister had gone to the temple.Seeing one veshti projecting into the cradle, the grandchildren placed their used uniforms and to be washed dresses into the cradle .Soon my sister's another daughter placed the sarees to be pressed .
    Meanwhile father of the baby came from Bombay to see his daughter.He looked here and there.He had no trace of the child.The mother of the baby was leisurely taking oil bath.
    He tapped at the bath room and shouted " where is our dear daughter?'My niece casually replied from the bath room " She is sleeping in the hall. " Chinna kuzhanthai kai kaal mulaththu odiyaa poi vidum"( Can a small infant run away ?)Unbearable shouting from the husband.My niece came out within minutes and saw to her dismay so many dirty clothes heaped up in the cradle.She removed all the clothes,took the baby.The infant was was struggling to breathe.Fortunately the child was taken out in time and nothing serious happened.
    The father of the baby got very wild, carried the bamboo cradle in his bicycle and handed it over to me and lodged lot of complaints about the irresponsibility of the inmates in taking care of the baby born after 12 years.I pacified him, gave him some coffee.He returned to Bombay straight and this bamboo cradle created a clevage in the relationship.Of course it became normal after a month.
    Who expected that one has to search for the baby in the junk box?My sister on returning from the temple cursed herself for using the cradle as 'misc junk' all these years and this habit resulted in a flutter.

Habits die hard.No one in the house had thought of the new arrival and continued their deep rooted habit of throwing things into the junk container.

Jayasala 42

6. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

What a hilarious story @jayasala42
    It reminds me of another
    In Zambia all husbands used to come home for lunch driving themselves.
    One day my friend's husband came after lunch as he wanted a ride with my husband. He had drove home an hour ago, and now the car keys could not be found!
    They were not found for two days, but meanwhile he got duplicates from office.
    Third day before lunch time my friend called me. She was hysterical with mirth! She was in a habit of making double and keeping half her Sambhar in the fridge to take it out after a day. When she was stirring it she found the keys. Her younger son (2 years) might have put it in!

meenasankaran and jayasala42 like this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

My crawling daughter once placed the house keys inside a vessel full if idli batter to be used for a week.Keys could be traced only after four days.It is nice to think of those days.
    Jayasala 42

8. meenasankaran

If I could find one fatal flaw in my otherwise very handy bread basket, it is that it doesn't house any brains @satchitananda . :facepalm:It may make room for hand lotions and combs but somehow draws a firm line at human brains. :smile:

Because you are such a good friend, I am inclined to share a tip with you. Here is what I do when I am desperately looking for mine - I shake my head horizontally (I feel dizzy if I do it vertically) in the hopes of shaking it loose somehow. Hasn't worked so far but I am hopeful yet. :yum:

Thanks a ton for the nomination Satchi.

SunPa and satchitananda like this.
  9. meenasankaran

Dear @Balajee,

I can't agree more with you. These undies do cost a fortune these days. I might forgive myself for losing a wallet or a watch but undies? Oh no, I will never forgive myself.

And I do like your philosophy that nothing is ever 'lost'; only 'safe'. Would you mind if I borrow this line the next time even my bread basket betrays me at a time of need? Like, say, when I next misplace my DH's droid phone because life can get very uncomfortable for me if that ever happens.

BlackMan likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Meen, with the magic that you spin with your words, I have no doubt about the things you bring out of your bread basket ;) Glad caught your post. My bread basket has to have bread only, yours faithfully here is fussy about bread being bread you know cannot tolerate if that slice is not perfect, the way it was made. My kids fear me when it comes to bread and it gets bagged separately, gets put away with reverence and dealt with an attitude of the most precious thing in the house. Nope, nothing can take it's place in the basket.