1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Rums, May 25, 2011.

1. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi ILS,

Everyone has their own dinner ritual. Why don't we share it here everyday?. Let me go first. Yesterday I made dosa and sambar. It was yummy. I have a grinder which made the batter so soft that the dosa came out really well. Bananas are good since it gives you a great sleep. I know it's carbs and other things but it gives you a great sleep. bananas are soothing to your body and makes your body relax. Try it and have good night sleep everyone.

:cheers
    Rums

2. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Rums, Dosa Yum!!! :)
    I have stopped having dinner from past 2/3 months. Supper is my last meal around 6:30 - 7 max.
    I am going to make sprouts utapam today.
    Yesterday it was tomato - oats soup.
    If I feel hungry at night, I have 1/2 cup warm milk with honey/cinnamon.

3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Im gonna make pesarattu with allam chutney (ginger chutney) tonight for dinner. Pesarattu is a dish from Andhra (south of India) which is made out from soaking green moong dal just like dosa.

4. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi Geeta,
    Thanks!!..It was yummy!!..Sprouts uttapam sounds awesome...very healthy...I also eat almost at the same time.

Hi Pman- Peasratu..Yummy..I wanted to tray that for such a long time. Thanks for reminding me..I gotta make it this week..

hmm...I am planning to make wheat upuma with lot of veggies. Also I have to make onion thogayal. Ok I am off to my dinner preparation. Let me know how your dinner tasted wonderful tmw...:cheers Rums

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Rums,

Can I join you for dinner? I am going to make Jaal Muri for after noon tea and a simple roti and dal for dinner. Love to make Masoor dal with simple seasoning like onion seeds, garlic and red chillies in Mustard oil.

You are welcome to join me.

Hope to learn more new dishes form your new thread.

Great job, Rums.

CL:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning

6. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks Coffeelover. Sure. You can join me for dinner. It is getting ready. The aroma is so good. Your dinner sounds great.

Welcome!!

7. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

CL,Ladies,

Jaal muri is on my hitlist now a days.Love it!
    I add lots of sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, chillies,coriander, lemon juice, chilli powder, chaat masala, jeera powder, salt to murmura. Tastes so yum... I did not know about this recipe this like last week... I have been having it every alternate day since the time I came to know about it :-D

Like I said I made whole masoor curry for lunch today, it tasted so yum, so simple yet tasty! :) Pressure cooked whole masoor (soaked for overnight), tomato, onion, salt for 3 whistles. Added chilli powder,goda masala + a tadka of mustard, cumin, chilli, garlic. Yummy!!

Do you follow a different recipes? Please share!! Would love to try out variations!!

I have onion seeds lying in my pantry, in which other recipes do you add onion seeds (kalonji)? Ladies please suggest.

8. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

same pinch Pman..Iam also going to make pesarattu and ginger chutney tonight

9. faith11

faith11 New IL'ite

This is such a delicious thread :)

Its getting colder here as winter is approaching fast.
    Made hot soup yesterday, enough for 2 days - with onions, celery, carrots, chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, kidney beans and wholemeal pasta. Added some dried herbs and paprika.
    It was superb!

Looking forward to hearing others' dinner.

10. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

I love ginger chutney...my mouth is watering when I see their names :)

Here goes my dinner

I tried a new side dish today and it came out well. I wanted to eat something similar to a south indian kuruma with roti. Traditional kurumas have coconut added in them but I substituted with cooked moong dal and it was perfect!!!

Quick recipe
    In hot oil, add whole spices(saunf+cloves+cinnamon+bay) followed by ginger,garlic,green chillies,onion and tomatoes. After they are little cooked, add spice powders like corainder,turmeric,chilly powder,aamchur powder and salt. To this mixture, I added vegetables (palak and boiled potatoes) and cooked moong dal and let them simmer for 10 minutes. Then finally sprinkled kasuri methi and coriander leaves and some lemon juice.