1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Whats for dinner today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Selvi, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

oh no.. what have we done.. you cannot decide based on us, for sure not on me the lazy cook.. u urself know how many ladies here follow ur threads and tips very sincerely. u know what , thw whole IL might come to detroit and beat me up. Please save me Mrs.C, dont say anything based on me..:cry: i hope u r kidding..

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Ladies,

I have developed a massive inferiority complex after posting in this thread. Between Vandhana and Kamla who to cook multi course meals every velai, between Selvi and Malathy who still cook with infants in one hand, with Sathya cooking and spouting verse- I seem to be doing nothing. Except eating --

Rathirikku- dosai, urulai masala, sambar.

Enjoy the week-end ladies. As we say here, happy chopping! (means happy eating):2thumbsup:

cheers
    Vidya

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:eek:mg: I thought my involvement in this thread further screwed up my cooking plans. But looks like I have screwed up something more!

Mrs. CV, as Selvi says I've become too lazy a cook of-late. I go through your recipe index but fail to settle on any particular recipe for 2 reasons:
    - either not ready to go do the work for the recipe
    - or would not have had the ingredients for most of them having not planned a proper grocery shopping

Believe me it has nothing to do with the number of recipes you post. I go through Krishnaamma's recipes too and end up doing the same.

Please...please...please...withdraw your protest, otherwise, ILs will soon start a thread 'I hate Induslady' (though they said 'I love indusladies'). I know many ILs wait for your new recipes to plan their daily menu.

BTW, every day yega boga saapadu dhaana for Mr.V? - Soup, Salad, Desserts, etc. I now envy Mr.V. I sincerely pray to "Madurai Meenakshi" that I should be blessed to be your better half in the next jenman to ensoy the yego boga virundhu.

PS: Mrs.CV - I know you wanted to take a break and planning to go to Madurai, then why pick both me & Selvi as reasons for not posting? :mrgreen:

Regards,
    M.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

V24,

If you talk about inferiority complex, in spite of balancing beautifully your career and home, what do I talk about then?

What happened to baingan in tonight's dinner? Hope baingan doesn't get into a complex for you did not inlcude it in your dinner. :tongue

Let me wind-up with my plans for today...

Breakfast - dosai + kothamalli chutney
    Lunch - Mrs. C's Capsicum Saadam with Onion raita. Curd rice + Milagai vathal.

Dinner - not yet thought about it :icon_frown:

Regards,
    Malathy

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Malathy,

Thanks for remembering the baingan baat and baath (ha,ha,ha):tongue :bangcomp:

Husband is stranded in CapeTown. When he is not in town, I ignore baingan like a step-cook. Hosted a ladies lunch on Thursday and this is leftovers for me. (Again, please note, I did not cook)

Thanks for the good words about me. I like to believe whole heartedly in all the praise showered on me. Something other complex starting with 'n'---

Enjoy the week-end!

regards
    Vidya

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy & Selvi,
    O K, done. I am pacified !!:tongue
    Between V & me -
    I have soup & salad, for bulk.:icon_frown:
    V, Mr Trim, has become sick at the look of them; so the tiffin is mainly for him.
    There is always a dessert or two in the fridge, prepared in the week-ends for family. Now pineapple halwa, is to take to Amma !
    Unless you all really assure that you will plan & cook " seriously", I am wondering if it is worth starting a new thread at all !:evil:
    Whether you cook or not, still love you all the same, M & S !:mrgreen:
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha...I had to log in again just to respond in this thread...this thread is really hilarious:))))))))))))))))

Malathy, you cunning little gal...how dare you...I want to be Chitvish's better half in the next janam..ha ha ha ha.....! Besides, you are now cooking three yummy meals today? I want to visit you:)

Vidya, take heart, I did not even turn my stove on yesterday. Cooked nothing8)!

Today will be phulkas, tomato dhal...that is...if I can break away from my computer....:bangcomp:

L,Kamla

8. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Gals,

How can i not reply!! Wow there is serious competition for Ms C's better half in the next janam. So now I am taking a ticket and getting in line!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well anyway, today is fridge cleaning day. No cooking in the morning, all leftovers to be finished from the past couple of days!!. Have soaked channa for making cholay for dinner.

See you tomorrow girls!

Vandhana

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

naan ezhudiya kavithai thoguppu
    `anjalattaiyil adangaatha mugavarigal'
    enra thalaippilirundu...

nilaavil mugavari thedi
    indru
    varisaiyil ninru
    pathivu seigirargal....

ingu ennadaanna
    aathukkaararukke pottiya irukke
    ellaam super samayal thaane
    avarayum kooppidungal
    oruvarukku ingu
    ethanai per potti enru paarthukollattum..

chithravukku..
    pattaanikku
    kaal mulaitha kathai
    ithaana?
    oorukku kilambiyathellam sarithaan
    varum pozhudhu
    pattani samayal recipe bookudan
    varachollungal
    bhuvaneswariyayum
    azhaithuviduvom dinnerukku...

sathya

10. sathya