Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Jey, Jan 2, 2019.
I am ready to learn many things in a diversified manner. I want to equip my self in all the fields.
Aari work and zardosi
Saree kuchu making simple and crochet
Kasuti, kutch and Toda embroidery
Coconut carving - never heard. But catering people in reception buffets seen making carvings in pumpkins. I gathered from them that they had learnt from catering classes as a part of syllabi in hotel management.
Wish you all the best.
Besides YOGA & BHARATA NATIYAM INSTRUCTORS, Translators from India particularly from Tamil Nadu - are queuing up for visa to migrate to China & Japan where they are in huge demand to translate ancient tamil literatures to Mandarin & Japanese respectively.
2. Those who had gone there a couple of years ago seemed to be financially sound creating wealth in Tamil Nadu besides commands huge respect in their profession. I have not heard such a thing about French learning turns one into make financially good.
3. Easy learning less investment of time and money fabulous returns within few years. Not needed to regularly upgrade yourself as in study or and profession of IT. NO OBSOLESCENCE.
Thanks and Regards.
there are tw
there are 3 types of coconut carving..
one on the exterior of hard surface of a full coconut, with the husk and all
two on the exterior of the coconut with the outer husk removed .. like the one given in thaambulam
three on the outer skin of Copra !!!
Thanks for information. I am able to visualise and had the vicarious experience of making the carvings. This reminds me escorting a friendly couple to Mahabalipuram some time in summer of 1970s.
It was quite hot and humid when we approached the shore temple. A man was selling tender coconut. My friends to quench thirst ordered two for each. When we finished with drinking and the soft layer, the seller collected the broken shells and threw it to a corner.
3. My friend desired what would the seller do with the waste generated so. The seller replied in broken English “waste Munucipality collect throw in dumbyard”.
4. When My friend desired to have the waste, the seller told him to take as much as he wants. We three carried few from the waste and walked away.
5. While I was wondering of what use the Jap couple would put the waste, they sat under a distant shade of Casuarina groove. He took out a kit from his Bermuda half trousers and began the handcraft.
6. The couple jointly made beautiful dolls out of waste and a while later sold it to a tourist couple and recovered cost of the drinks that we had an hour ago.
Such is the power of craftsmen and artisan, they carve out from discards stunning products.
Thanks and Regards.
you are welcome Sir. thanks for sharing the interesting incidence .
true, an artisan not only creates a beautiful object to desire, he creates a world of imagination too !
hence it ain't easy to be an artisan !!
I will be using Skype the whole day for my learning and teaching music . Skype has evolved so much in the past 8 years . I would like to have jamming sessions on Skype ofcourse not two way at a time though