What would you gift? - Contest for the month of August

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

Wow Meeta...Congrats,waiting to read ur post.Congrats once again.

I request the IL TEAM to select a few best out of best entries n post it here,so v too can get more best ideas of ideal gifts to gift.(V KNOW IT WON'T B EASY SELECTING.) pls..

Congrats Meera....

2. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

Hi Meeta,

congrats on winning the contest!!!!:2thumbsup:

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

<!--StartFragment -->
    Moonbeams,

Sure. That's a great suggestion.

Dear IL'ites,

Here are the names of few IL'ites whose entries got shortlisted as good ones. I request these IL'ites to come forward and post their wonderful entries in this thread for the benefit of all.

Ushakrishnan64
    Varasangam
    Moonbeams
    Raginiprakash
    Anuraag
    Anu9

Thank you.

Malathy

4. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Meeta,

Congratulations!!!

Yamuna.

5. piu

piu New IL'ite

Congrats Meeta........Very wonderful gift u suggest.Nothing is better than love n care......great thinking.:smile:

6. anudhar

anudhar New IL'ite

Dear Meeta

CONGRATULATIONS

7. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

hi meeta

congrads !!! do post ur entry soon......

regards
    santasekar

8. Dejon72

Dejon72 New IL'ite

Hi Meeta,

Congrats! I would love to read your post and yes love and care is what an old parent would treasure.

Regards,

Anita

9. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear IL,
    I am very happy to see your request to post my entry in IL and to share my real life experience will all of you.

Thank you judges for shortlisting my entry.

Regards
    USHA

Gift for my father's 80th Birthday
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Your topic took me back in life by 5 years. Yes, it was my father 80th birthday. My two brothers and me were racking our brains on the gift for our dear father.
    My father is a very quite, unassuming personality. I have not seen him making any demands, though his life has been full of sacrifices. I decided to make him feel Super-special on this special birthday.
    I live in Dubai with my husband and family, while my father lives in Bangalore with my elder brother. We decided to make a trip to India, just for his birthday. I also made sure that my aunt (father's sister) flew down from USA. Yes, our surprise visit was his birthday gift.
    On the eve of his birthday, we landed up in the house one by one. It was a sight to see his face beaming with joy.
    I had contacted my brother to arrange the religious functions for the birthday. My father was still raving about our surprise trip, not knowing what is in store for him for the evening. I had requested all his seven grandchildren to organise a program called GRAND 7, dedicated to their special grandfather. It was a cultural evening of Tabla, Classical/ Folk Dance & Carnatic music by each of his grandchildren. Now you could see the smile on his lips with tears rolling down his cheeks on seeing the splendid performance. He felt even more elated when the guest appreciated the thought and the performance of the Grand 7. The day ended with a nice dinner from caterers.
    My father till to-day remarks: There is no better gift for my birthday than celebrating with my children.
    Thank you Malathy, for give me an opportunity to share this special moment with IL.

10. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Meeta congrats.Would like to see Ur b'day gift ideas. Hope U will post us soon. UshaKrishnan Ur b'day gift is really a heart touching one to Ur father. Great idea.

Preethi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.