1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Naari, May 24, 2018.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

@Greenbay @Tamrakshar ,my response is to this question. I never said you both are the same person.

2. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sunshine.
    ————————————————
    I will give 2 analogies on why I persisted with Wanita to say I have just a single ID and would never resort to have multiple IDs.

1. A young woman is standing in the line waiting for a bus in the bus stand. She is conversing with her fellow passengers including a male who is busy browsing a newspaper while standing in the line. She says he winked at her. Male protests saying he didn’t. But she says he did. He protests again. Then she changes topic and says, no big deal, she wasn’t accusing him of any sexual harassment, so they can continue to converse. If male didn’t really wink at her, he has 2 options. Let it go or continue to protest till she apologizes that he didn’t wink at her and she was falsely accusing him. It is his reputation at stake.

2. A man works as a hired help in a rich household to prepare snacks for special occasions and festivals. An expensive item goes missing one day and this man is asked whether he stole it; he says he didn’t. Women in the household find the item after 2-3 days and say they had misplaced it, so item was not really missing. They don’t apologize to man. Man says they should and they say no, they didn’t file any police complaint, so he should continue like nothing happened. Man has 2 options. Continue like before or continue to persist that they acknowledge that he didn’t do anything wrong and they were wrong.

I was taught by my mother of many including these 2 things. 1. Don’t falsely accuse others 2. Don’t take others’ false accusation tamely if you are truthful. I have tried to live by that principle.

NeerjaC and nandinimithun like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

deleted.......

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  4. Sunshine04

3rd option is he can leave the job

Ragini25 likes this.
  5. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

I think I would probably plan it so that the trip overlaps with SIL's visit by only a day or two. That way H and daughter will still be able to see SIL but at the same time, W doesn't have to spend too long with her, thereby (hopefully!) avoiding any conflict.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Yes, that is also an option.

So you prefer status-quo where privileged people continue to accuse lesser strata, and accused people should walk away than fighting for their dignity.

Just to let you know that Society didn’t thrive when status-quo was maintained.

7. Sunshine04

No.
    If they don't apologize, its better to quit the job. Any hired help should work in a house where they are respected.