What wonderful thing did you do today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by padma0604, Jan 19, 2013.

1. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Hi sai shakti, cupcake and manjubhashini !

Nice to read the posts. Small things done well when stringed together remind us what we are capable of doing. So i thought we should remind ourselves of those things.
    " Loiuse Hay" in one of her books says that we repeatedly tell ourselves where we have failed...this picture of failure is run and rerun in our minds television, whereas efficiently done jobs go unnoticed. We take ourselves for granted and the same gets reflected by the universe. We then wonder why others take us for granted ? So we start patting our backs first ...I strongly believe in this, but i need to remind myself constantly to appreciate myself for what i am!
    I will come up with my list in the evening.
    Have a good day all of you !
    Padma.

1 person likes this.
  2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

nice thread!
    Today as it is Sunday here, I got to spend some time to my self. It is one day out of the week, that I try to do things for me. The day started with watching "Sunday Morning" a tv show at 6.30 am. I enjoy the show as it reflects on a variety of topics. Got some housework and laundry in there as well. Made time to go for a nice walk as it was nice and sunny outside for a change. Even got time to watch a football game. Baked an apple pie as the team I was rooting for won (needed to celebrate)!!
    Dinner time approached and it was pizza night! Listened to a religious program on the radio. Very peaceful and soothing to the soul!
    Hope everyone enjoyed their day.
    Cheers! Oopall.

1 person likes this.
  3. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

i made gulab jamun and chicken noodles..!
    im happy with the way they turned too..gulab jamun are sagggy but tastewise they are awesome...chicken noodles too tasted really good..

1 person likes this.
  4. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

Sure Kal

They were on discovery channel last evening- One is called "East to West"- deals with how monotheistic ideas first took birth in the Middle East and then spread to the western world.

The other is "Planet Egypt"..how Egyptian religious ideas were changing at around 1300 BC (The story of Queen nefertiti and the pharaoh- Akhenaten and their son Tutankhamun). Both are worth watching, you can probably find them on you tube.

5. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Today I cleaned my bedroom after 2weeks ( i went to India). I feel really good.

2 people like this.
  6. emma83

emma83 New IL'ite

I broke my habit of being a packrat and cleaned up my closet. I gave away most of my clothes I have been holding on to for no reason to some people in need.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheSahil

TheSahil Gold IL'ite

I did ab crunches to a piano symphony. I guess i am the first one in the world to do that!

2 people like this.
  8. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well i cleaned my clutter and am planning to clean, sob and keep my house neat and tidy with all the things in their proper places. have been planning a long time,but decided to take the plunge now

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Padma dear today I got up a little late but still I was able to finish my cooking in time and did archana to Ganeshji and went to temple. The maid did not come so I had to sweep and clean the vessels too. An IL"s friend's cousin is getting married tomorrow and wehave also been invited. We dont know her relative but had spoken to her on phone. Spoke to IL friend and she was happy to know that we are coming for the marriage. Its her wedding anniversary too after two days so made a card for her by drawing Ganpathi . Now have to write the wordings. Feeling happy that I will be giving hand made card.

2 people like this.
  10. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

I finally packed lunch for my DH... after so many months.. had stopped when I had delivered.. so today after 7 months I have started again.. Feeling so good about that....

1 person likes this.