1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Wives Can Do For a Strong Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Induslady, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL’ites,

Our relationship forum is an excellent resource for women who need help and support during some of the darkest times in their lives. On behalf of our community, I am grateful for all those who take the time to respond to member problems and offer your thoughtful advice and guidance.

But, we can do more. From another angle, our relationship forum is very reactive in nature. We offer solutions after the fact. I want us to do something pro-active for our community members. Something actionable. Something they can do before problems crop up.

Here is what I have in mind...

I want all of you to write a nice contribution in our married life forum on this topic -

“What’s the one thing a wife can do for a stronger marriage”.

- Start as an individual thread in this forum
    - Give a fitting title based on your ideas
    - Make it between 400 - 800 words
    - Add a link to your thread below
    - Send it before Feb 24th.

I will consolidate all of your contributions to a nice community guide titled, “What Wives Can Do For a Strong Marriage”. I will then email this guide to our entire community membership around valentine’s day (how fitting) so everyone can benefit from the pro-active, positive, actionable input that all of you have.

You all have so much wise insights. And you all have been gifted with the ability to articulate it in empathetic, friendly ways that directly speak to other women. Your contributions, compiled as a guide, can help many women steer their relationship properly before it becomes too late.

Join me in this effort. I look forward to seeing your contributions. Who is going to be the first?

Malathy

13 people like this.

2. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Very thoughtful :) I'll contribute a humble post in the coming weekend for this.

1 person likes this.
  3. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Malathy,
    I think it is a great idea to gather pearls of wisdom from ILites and compile them all as a handy guide for anyone thinking of bettering their relationship. I already read Kamala(kkrish's) thread and the wise words of someone who probably has seen it all in her thirty three years of matrimony.
    I'm wondering why limit it to the wife alone? I'm sure the men out their or even the spouses of our ILites will have a lot to share and we can learn from them too. Doesn't it take two to tango? No matter how much one spouse tries, if the other person in the marriage does not cooperate will it work? I used the word spouse because either person can be the uncooperative spouse. Why not make this thread a joint effort by couple or open it for the men to contribute as well?

8 people like this.
  6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  7. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Having seen this , let me post a few points from (a) husband's perspective.

Guilt free Guy Time : A married man wants to maintain some sort of intimacy with his same sex friends, wants to spend some quality time with his same sex friends. May not be on daily basis, but yes, once in a while. Wives (many) get disturbed by this idea, why their husband still spends so much of time with his friend and still trusts him. May be, a part of her is feeling, she alone should be the only person, with whom he should spend all quality time ( I really don't know, the reason, just my guess).

A husband would love and appreciate a wife, if she allows him to spend 'Guilt Free Guy Time' with his same sex friends.

This is just one point.

More to follow, seeing how my contribution is taken.

2 people like this.
  8. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

This might sound silly. May work though!

Try to find what guys are interested in. Get yourselves into that a bit so that you can get some appreciations.

What guys are mostly interested in?
    It will be mostly gadgets, automobiles and finance things! Keep upto the pace and you'll get his nod and smile surrendersmiley

Some one correct me if it doesn't make any sense.

1 person likes this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

2 people like this.
  10. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.