1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What went wrong - CD/Ego???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vysan, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,

See even you know that I know who is the GF. Akka of somebody does not know...yeah we can hijack his thread...

Will his ego get a beating or boosting????Big LaughBig Laugh

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

See, this is what happens when you want to watch the same movie second or nth time.

Sometimes, simple incidents teach you a lot than the great schools, and books.

Now, you judge for yourself whether you can still call yourself self proclaimed ego less person.( Dear Friend,every person has a little ego, which is hidden inside self respect,self esteem.)

Any way thanks to the friend.

3. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Veda sir

Nice to read your post…Bow

A similar thing happened with me day before yesterday night…
    I was working on my project work……had opened one window in my laptop, hearing my mom’s call to take dinner for the third time, I left my system as such with that one opened window n went to take food…When I came back n when I tried to sign in messenger I was not able to…So thought I had some signing in problem with messenger n decided to check my mails.. Then I got this….'Server cannot be found'..bonk
    This came every time i tried opening for the next five mins..:bangcomp::bangcomp: I got up n went to check my modem…First when I saw, all the four lights in it were visible…But when I switched it off n switched on again only three lights came out.. I unplugged the telephone cable, plugged them again…took out the power cable n fixed it again..then switched on modem again n was sitting n watching it for ten looooooong mins for it to show the third light…I was very much irritated…thought my modem’s life got over n was recollecting how much my dad paid a few months back for getting that new piece…seeing me sitting n staring at the modem my father came n asked "what is the problem?"...i dint feel like disturbing him from his work, so told "nothing, there is some problem with connection" n asked my dad to carry on with his work…Suddenly it came to mind that I had not posted answer for that day’s ques in IL’s treasure hunt contest..It was 10p.m then.. I cannot even go out to a browsing center n I had to be at college by 9a.m the next day morning.. Before 9a.m they wont open the browsing centers here n the very thought that I cannot post the answer if this problem is not fixed up added to my frustration:spin…I scolded myself for thinking I can post the answer anytime before 9a.m the next day even though i had searched n found the answer a few hours back itself:bang:bang...i called customer care but all the lines were busy..i called my sis but she dint pick up the call..i called my BIL, he too dint.. These sequence of events arose my anger but I was controlling..after a few mins, I got call from my sis..i asked her whether she had any problem with net connection but then she told me "jus now we are driving back from our office, had lots of work today at office..so wait for half an hour, I will let u know"… Multiple reactions were running inside my mind when my mom came n asked me "what is the problem, why are u looking like this?"…That very moment all that was running inside me came out. I shouted at my mother n told her not to ask me anything n asked her to go to sleep. "Why are u shouting at me if it is not working?" hearing these words of my mom, I felt bad for losing my temper n so I returned back to my room.. Even then I dint give up…tried reaching customer care from my mobile n from my second landline too….but all was in vain..Then decided to call my close friend to check whether even she had the same problem...She told me I don’t know..i have switched off my system a few hours back so will check out n will call back.. I waited for five mins but dint get calls from her…so I called back again but even her line was busy…tried for two mins n kept my mobile aside thinking everybody had made up their minds to test my patience that day…i jumped n picked my mobile when i got call from her but to hear to these words from my friend, “what were u doing when I was calling you?”…I ignored her ques laughing at myself n told “Don’t ask me anything else now…tell me whether u r able to access net or not”…She told me, “yeah the first light is seen, second light is also coming, the third light…." after a long silence which was again to test my patience, told me "its not coming…even i am getting it as the server cannot be found"..I gave a sigh of relief:-D...We feel happy sometimes to know that there is someone else to share the same problem with us even when we are badly affected by it...The joy added when my sis called me to tell even her pages were not opening..:lol:

I consoled myself saying "its ok.. what if i dont post a day's answer...i can still be happy"...I thanked God for giving me a little bit of brain which was kind enough not to dictate my other parts of the body to close the one window that i was working on for my proj...I went n prayed...my mom had severe cold n cough that day, so went n asked her whether she had taken her tablets, she needed anything else n came back to work on my proj...It was 12.15 when my dad came n told me...."See whether you are able to open the pages now..the modem is back to its normal condition." The first thing i did was i opened IL, signed in n posted the answer. I was so happy as i dint expect that to happen within a few hours.

The problem with net connection got nothing to do with my efficiency but even i was frustrated...This incident came to my mind when i was reading your post...Sorry for my verrrrrrrrrry lengthy fb...:hide:

Jus wanted to tell you that you are not the only one who is suffering from the disease 'calmophobia' otherwise called 'coolophobia'...:rotfl

But then Veda sir....i had solid reasons for being frustrated...but you losing your temper for seeing after all a movie that too for a second time.....tsktsk
    I think you should go to a doctor imm as you are reaching advance stage of calmophobia...:hide:

Love
    Meena

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Anna

I second u for this.........i too will get frusturated for all these silly matters.........me too sensitive and too emmotional.........

Like meena.............for " server cannot be found"........."cannot open this page"..........this irritates me a lot .

and ....i will get some novels from my friend........and i will lokc the main door.do all my chores..put the fan........arranged my bed.....happily i will lie down to start reading the novel....if i open the first page and read few lines....i can rmember that i have already read that............OMG..........i will tensed to the core.............it will spoil my mood like anythig........i will curse all.....RantRantRant...........whoever they may be..........i wont be able to control........

5. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Dear Vysan

Like you have said so many things which affect our living are taken too personally by us. It can neither be considered as our personal fault nor can we do much to rectify or solve the problem and right now i am at that stage, landed in Chennai 4 days ago, and feeling totally frustrated with the entire school scenario. Logged in and saw your post and thought how apt. Have to run to visit few more schools :(-

warm regards
    jay.

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Aruna,

Dont worry, we all will come and trouble you in Egypt only.... hahahahahahaha....

Veda

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

I can see you merrily laughing and quoting... "you will not listen, when I tell you, but you will accept only your friend tell you".... hahahahahahaha....

What to do.... I am trying to be or atleast putting my best effort to overcome the ego....

Thanks for peeping in....

Veda

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena Mam,

You made my day.... You have quoted a great example, which happens in everydays life to everybody, giving a great message...

1. We feel happy, when we find that there are others in the same sufferings which we undergo, even when are worst affected...
    2. We get temper-mental, when things are not going as per plan and we keep venting our frustration with whomsoever comes accross...
    3. We want every one to react to our SOS at the same speed or we want others also to give the same importance to a problem like us...

But the answer lies with us... If we relax for a few minutes, then we will get a solution...

There is no problem without a solution... If there is no solution, then it is not a problem...

Lastly..... I dont understand the SOLID reason for your frustration.... hahahahahahaha... Enjoy....

I have a bad habit... If I like a movie I keep watching that movie for "n" times.... What to do....???????

Veda

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear LM,

The way you describe the prep for reading a novel, makes me laugh.... Hope it is not any naughty novels....

But I am used to reading books umpty number of times, provided I like it.... Chandilyan books or Ponniyen Selvan, I would have read 30+ times... hahahahaha..

Enjoy....

Veda

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Jay,

Welcome to Chennai... All the best for your school search.... I am sure that you can find a suitable school....

On a lighter note.... At this age, do you really want to start the schooling again.... hahahahaha... Relax.... smile... (if possible...)

All the Very Best.....

Veda