1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Topics Are Discussed Between Husband &wife ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by penpaal, Feb 9, 2017.

1. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

We normally talk about finance,cleaning,politics such general topics .If I don't start any topic then we will end up watching any TV shows .. is this normal?

I wonder what else will be discussed between husband and wife.sometimes I feel really boarding and monotonous .Feel like missing something but I don't know is what is that?

Can anyone tell me .?What else will be discussed between husband and wife?

2. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Maybe you are missing interesting family gossip. Or how about office politics ? Gossip is a guilty pleasure that researchers increasingly say is a group bonding exercise. Dont believe it ?
    http://www.apa.org/monitor/apr06/bonding.aspx

Okay, i am kidding. But only sort of. Most couples talk about anything under the sun that interests them. Rather than ask what couples talk about, it might be better to ask what might they be smart to avoid cos that may be a smaller list...such as..

Her weight
    His weight
    Mean remarks about in laws
    Criticism about sexy time
    How much s/he is not making
    That cute chick/ dude that caught your eye

Everything else is on the menu.

But relax... boredom is totally normal for married couples. One can easily tell which couples at a restaurant are dating and which ones are long time married by how much they talk. The animated, flirty conversationalists - usually dating. The couple that seems engrossed in the menu card and are generally people watching with little conversation or sharing that occassional giggle - very married !!

Your post reminds me of SATC - 2 movie where Carrie and Mr BIG finally make peace and feel happy with becoming the boring old married couple who watch TV.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    blessings1010, coffeecups and penpaal like this.
  3. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Dreams, movies, actors, politics, relatives, friends, functions, festivals, dresses, dressing style, cleaning, grocery shopping, food, office politics, neighbours, travel, fears, sickness, news in newspaper, serials, etc etc

penpaal likes this.
  4. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

It's normal as you get to know someone more and spend every day with them that there isn't always something novel or new to talk about. Maybe you guys can go out more to share experiences together as a new way to bond. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with having less to talk about - also, apart from external issues or day-to-day life conversation - you guys can talk about your hopes and dreams and concerns for the future. If something is bothering you or making you happy, you can share that with each other.

There's also something nice about not having to make conversation all the time and just being comfortable and quiet with each other.

blessings1010 and penpaal like this.
  5. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Everythng depends on our mood...
    It.may b about his work ,his boss gossip's, my parents conversation, kids school activities, making fun (he getting old.. but he never accepts, so just go on taunting him .. and vice versa :roflmao:.. somtimes make fun of his campus love.... The lies which i caught him red handed., Our problems , any bad moods swinging in my mind , etc........... If not in sharing talking mood he /me will b watching tv or phone... Or / while simply sit together in a couch

penpaal likes this.
  6. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Hi thank you for your reply. What you said is correct I should be more careful about what not to talk but I feel peaceful when I realise it's very normal.i strated reading book.so rather being a parrot I have something else to concentrate.I am very talkative person ..He too ( but only to strangers !) .Anyway I will concentrate on me .I think that's is the best for me :)

blessings1010 likes this.
  7. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Thank you for giving all those topics .Now I have more choices !

8. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the reply.true without much conversation if we can communicate it's a blessing too.. I didn't think that point of view .:)

9. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Good for you :)