What to see in Jharkhand

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by sushmasrivastav, May 29, 2012.

1. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies
    I am planning to visit Netarhat, Jharkhand next month. What are the highlights of the scenic beauty of the area?:thumbsup

2. HarleenSethi

HarleenSethi New IL'ite

Hi Sushma
    Welcome to Jharkhand. Here are a few lines for your guidance. Netarhat is located 14 kms from the state capital Ranchi. You must visit the koel View Point in Netarhat. It is so named because it gives you a bird's eye view of the fast flowing Koel river below. It is a sight to behold.
    All hill stations have a point where tourists flock to see the sunrise and sunset. Magnolia View point is located about 10 kms from Netarhat. Tourists flock to Magnolia view point to look at the sunrise and sunset. It is a picturesque setting.
    Do write about your experience.

3. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

Hi Shalini
    I suggest you pay a visit to Betla National Park.The Park attracts many nature lovers through out the year. The park has approx. 970 varieties of plants of which about 180 are medicinal plants. It also has about 180 varieties of birds and wild animals.
    The Upper and Lower Ghagri waterfall is another major tourist attraction. The Upper Ghagri waterfall is about 4 kms from Netarhat and the Lower Ghagri waterfall is about 10 kms from Netarhat. The two waterfalls are indeed a splendid sight to behold. The sound of the water rushing past is music to the ears. I enjoyed the waterfalls immensely.