what to give for sumangali on the day of meenakshi amman thirukalyanam

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by akilakarthi, May 4, 2014.

1. akilakarthi

akilakarthi Junior IL'ite

Dear ilites
    I prayed goddess meenakshi that from this year onwards during thirukalyanam i will offer mangalyam to sumangali and sought their blessing.
    Dont know what are the auspicious items to be given to sumangali elder ladies pls say some suggestions..

2. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi akilakarthi

By Mangalyam do you mean the yellow Mangalya Sharadu(thread) ?? The auspicious things that are given to Sumangali's are Kumkum, Turmeric, Glass Bangles, Comb, Kannadi(small mirrors), flowers, sarees or blouse pieces, bettle nut, pan leaves................apart from these some people give bindi packets, toe rings (metti), lamps (vallukku) etc

TC
    Lavanya

sindmani and Saisakthi like this.
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Akilakarthi,

:welcome to IL family, Yes performing good deeds and thoughts adds to your Punya Account.

Yes, my thoughts are also same as Sister Vathsala30's, Let the number of Ladies you offer be 1,3,5, 7,9 or 11, it could be even one lady with many items, please choose Ladies you will use atleast a few of them, Thanks for understanding.

SAIRAM