1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to gift a baby girl and her parents?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by SriVidya75, Mar 1, 2010.

1. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

2. lucky7

lucky7 New IL'ite

Crib is a useful gift
    Depending on the budget the following are some useful gifts
    1.Bouncer
    2.Swing
    3.Car seat/stroller
    4.Baby Monitor
    5.Play Gym
    6.High chair
    Or Just give them a BabiesRUs gift card

sindmani likes this.
  3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Archana for the suggestions...yep play gym sounds cool too:) and its quite affordable,.....by the way Yes I am interested in buying that Carters 22 piece set

Lucky

Gift card is a good idea!! however this time my husband said no money / no gift cards as it turns out when we visit baby there is nothing that they can say aunt has given it :( so wanted to give them something that is physically visible :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  4. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

I agree with your husband on that SriVidya. When my parents wanted to give cash or gift cards, we told them to just pick an item and buy it for us. So now it's more personal- 'grandma and grandpa bought you this crib'

You can just attach the gift receipt.. In case they want to exchange for something else. But most of the time what close family pick thoughtfully won't ever need to be

Just another suggestion, you may end up gifting more than once- now, after baby is born, when you visit them for the first time, first b'day, etc. So plan a little ahead and gift in stages.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Srividya, since it is for your brother's child you might be looking for something expensive. But here is one gift that I received and cannot resist making a suggestion. A personalised picture frame from "Things remembered". The picture frame was personalised with information like name, DOB, weight, height, a blessing etc. I personally love this shop and when I intend to give a gift that lasts a lifetime, I choose from here. Perhaps, this could be an add on gift to whatever you decide :)

This is the kind of frame (not exactly the same) I received - Personalized Hinged Angel Frame at Things Remembered

They have other great selections too Personalized Welcome New Baby Gifts at Things Remembered

Good luck and hope you find something you are looking for.

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

So nice of you to share this! Thank you...yep I was looking for something like this too like an add on gift...(I was planning to put together a small collection of some infant suit sets, receiving blanket, keep sake box, a photo frame , mittens etc..just out of my interest and love:)) sure would browse through this site thanks again!

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

qihg6lgmnhgbu=====uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggPersonalising actually adds up on the cost - they charge something likke $3 dollars a word, then comes the font, buffing etc.....so you can make it as exclusive as you want :)