WHAT TO DO- swami photo kept at home burnt accidently

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by HariSriPriya, Jun 9, 2010.

1. HariSriPriya

HariSriPriya Senior IL'ite

Hi

I was doing puja regularly for DURGA DEVI along with other GODs at home every friday. Whenever my MIL visit us she is the one who does the puja.. Today for tuesday raghukalam my mil did durgai pooja- chanted some slogham and offered APPLE as prasaadam and kept the agal vilakku( what we used to keep for kaarthigai deepam the same type we hv it at home as we can not use karpuram inside apartment) . I was hvig my lunch , suddently i noticed a big flame, some how the durgai picture which was hanging on the wall (basically it was cellotaped ) fall down and was burning.. I ran immediately and tried to save the photo. but no use.. TO MY surprise the entire durgai amman's picture is gone leaving just her background hands and the 4 corners of the picture.. I m quite disappointed with this incident. whenever i face pbms i m used to see this picture and pray.. especially when i had severe difference of opinion with my spouse i used to pray durga ... now i m feeling so bad feeling even GOD is leaving me in dark with my pbms.. Can someone guide me does this kind of incident is a BAD sign for something .. What parigaaram I can do.... to be honest i m not sure wht sort of prayer my mil had made while making puja.. and to my knowledge my mil is not gud hearted.. she can go to any extent to fulfill her wish... so i m very much worried... some one pls guide me.. I m trying to get similar durgai picture ..let me see...

One more info - we used to keep durgai facing EAST direction so for.. but only last week we moved to new house wherein we are left with one and only option of keeping GOD facing SOUTH... pls suggest me whether i need to change my puja shelf...

thanks

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Priya,
    Whenever we accidently damage the diety or photo, we just place it under a tree in a temple/ river bank... seeking apology for anything that went wrong.
    I guess you can replace the same poster, if you already have it or take a new print out for Durga ma... She's the strongest depiction of woman power.. hence you dont need to worry much.

Preferably find a cupboard thats EAST facing and shift your poojaroom, however I have had my poojaroom once in south and north and peaceful life.. as compared to east setting.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Priya,
    Dont worry, accidents happen. Just print out another Durga ma photo and keep it in puja. Dont associate this to anything negative. God is everywhere, so all these directions and all are just something we follow based on our convenience. I have had good and bad times when I had my puja room facing east or north/south as well. Trust god immensely and she will guide you through good and bad :thumbsup

4. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi
    dont worry. it is just an accident. dont attach too much importance to what mil prayed etc., if god is going to react so fast to all her wishes she would have reacted to yours as well. pl get a new photo or print out which are available aplenty on the web and continue your prayers.
    all the best

5. smilly

smilly Senior IL'ite

Hi Harisripriya,
    Dont worry...its all for Goodthing.sometimes like this will happen to all.OK.First u can go to buy Durga photo new one take burnt one go to temple Pray the god.please do everything well.like that pray.then keep that burnt one in tha temple.and go with new one to home.and u can face it Northeast or east positaion.this is my suggectionyaa.dont think nagative things.ok.all the good thinks are coming to u with that new durga pictures.ok take care.:thumbsup

6. HariSriPriya

Ladies.

thanks for the replies.. even i felt it is wrong to link the accident to someone's wish.. it is stupid .. and i m getting new photo today which i will keep it facing EAST.. ur replies were really giving me positive thought and will continue with my puja as usual.. thanks again.

priya

7. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    Replace the burnt print with a new one. If you can, buy a Durga maa murat. Don't have to worry about fire destroying in. Go to a mandir and ask for forgivness as this was an accident. Don't give off negative thoughts about anything.

Peace and Blessings!
    OOPALL!

8. sreedevimk

sreedevimk New IL'ite

Hi Priya...

Don't worry...it's an accident...
    Good to hear that ur going to replace it soon with new Durgama photo...
    She must have destroyed some bad things also along with that fire...so no worries !!!

If possible...try to cover ur Deepam with a glass in cylindrical or round shape..like in some temples....so that we can avoid some accidents...and
    when kids are there in home..we must cover our lamps in Poojaroom...

Have a lovely day !!!

Cheers
    Sree

9. HariSriPriya

thanks for the reply.. will keep the deepam in upper shelf where no GOD photos r nearby .... got similar DURGAI amman photo from internet, took photo print and today i kept it in puja shelf and prayed.. feeling so good and will be extra cautious with deepam in future... once again thanks ladies for ur immediate supporting replies..

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear PRIYA SISTER

OM SAIRAM

When something untoward incident happens like this we feel it is a Bad Omen, but according to our understanding it is not.

we are ardent believers of SHIRDI SAI BABA, he is more than almighty, he is one in our family, he is our GURU, Father, mother, and he guides us in every way.

SO, we believe that every moment what is happeneing is because of someone above us. in our case BABA, whatever said and done whether good or bad is because of almighty, we are just puppet in their hands.

As a stauch believer of DURGA MAA she has taken away something that was suppose to have happenend and saved you, you must be thankful for that and be still closer to her.

One incident in our life. we were proceeding on a trip next day morning. that night when we were uploading our luggages to leave early morning. to our surprise, we removed the outer cover of the car, the right corner of front side were BABA's stickers was there it was samshed as if someone had thrown a stone on it.

We could neither understand how it could have happenend nor could posrpone the trip. With that we left thinking that BABA has averted us from something.

YES, our saviour BABA had taken it on himself (in the form of sticker) and averted something big that ought to have happenned.

So COOL and thank DURGA MAA and worship her with a still stronger FAITH.

MAY BABA BLESS YOU IN ABUNDANCE

JAI SAIRAM

1 person likes this.