1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to do on your honeymoon

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shania3k, Nov 10, 2010.

1. shania3k

shania3k New IL'ite

• [*]
      [​IMG]
    After our big fat Indian wedding last year, A and I flew out of India the next day to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. The memories are still fresh, so thought I would write these do's and dont's for our to-be honeymooners:

• Let the first day pass:

You've probably had an intense wedding. The stress, excitement and possible lack of sleep leaves you feeling very antsy. You've probably flown to an exotic destination too, for the honeymoon. Let the first day pass in catching up on that beauty sleep, and getting over the jet lag! (Without that rest, everything “else” will be lackluster too ;)). Leave the sight seeing and all other activities for the next day

• Relax!

• Yes, you've spent a lot of time and effort planning this. And of course, this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. But these two thoughts are exactly what causes “fun anxiety”. This is when you think you should be having more fun than this. Just don't think of these thoughts, and go with the flow! You've come here to relax, and are not here on a mission ;)

• Fight, but make up. Leave all the rona-dhona to our soap operas!

A wedding is a big deal! A huge step in your life, and something to get adjusted to. In the process, a little squabble here and there should be expected. There's no need to get maha upset and ruin that entire day (remember how much you've saved for this!). Fight all you want, but better make up and say sorry in the next half hour! You have your whole life to fight ;)

• Coochie coo!:kiss

I'm sure this is obvious, but I'll still say it. We are young, and time passes by without knowing. This is our honeymoon, and we'll never be this young again. Now's the time to be silly, filmy and make good memories! Let loose and be yourself, and make sure your spouse is having a good time too!!
    Well friends, hope this helped! I wonder what kind of tips our IL group might have for our newly weds.

[​IMG]

Here's a postcard from my honeymoon.
    This was taken at the Tabacon Spa, Costa Rica.

Beautiful, isn't it? :)

2. shania3k

shania3k New IL'ite

I would love to hear funny HM stories!:)

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

HA, nice write up. My honeymoon is fully of funny stories. We went to Kodaikanal to enjoy our honeymoon. right from landing there, we had funny moments. I will share one with IL: we handed over our camera to a stranger to take a snap of us. while we r getting ready for pose, that guy just ran out with our camera. Somehow we managed to get our camera back.

andal

4. shania3k

shania3k New IL'ite

That's a good one! You are very lucky to get that camera back!! One funny incident I remember is, my husband and I went to a really posh place on the final night of our honeymoon. I was wearing really high heels, and I walked confidently onto the marble floor, when the heel broke, and I fell right down in front of everyone!