1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to do in such situation of husband wanting to leave me alone?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by diana, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Diana,
    I have been a silent reader of this thread for long. I have sympathized with you but didn't know what to say. You were doing everything you could and your hubby was not responding. Today morning when I read your thread I was shocked , surprised and Happy for you. Wanted to hold you hands and say a big Congratulations!:2thumbsup:

When I was reading I was hoping that you really didn't leave your family, and yes that was what happened. I can imagine your level of frustration if you were ready to even leave your kids with him . So far your husband had taken you for granted, " Where is she going to go, she is afterall my wife". But now that he realised that you will not just stay and take his indifference his eyes has opened.

Ofcourse Thank GOD for making him realise that. I realise that women have to stand up for their needs, husbands will never give it to is unless we make a demand.

I am so happy for you and your children. Have a great life.

Love,
    Shanthi.

2. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

hai!!
    pls fight ,but dont let him go out of ur hand.make him a bit more angry..when he gets anger shower ur love..fascinating him...!!!do sumthing tht gets to his notice..sumthing intelligent and witty...

3. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

Thanks alot. Yes my patience have paid up and all because of the Almighty God and the prayers and good wishes of friends here at IL.

What i would like to say to all women at IL, never give up your self for others. Be who you are. Spread love & you will get love in return.

Women are far courageous than men. Never let others make you a sacrificial goat. Stand up high and move along. God is always there with you.

All the best.:2thumbsup:

Diana.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Diana,

I read your posts, first time today... When I came to the end of your thread, I felt really happy and want to congratulate you... You saved your marriage

May God Bless you and your family, a very happy life hereafter...:wave

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Diana,
    It is always easy to break a marriage than keeping it intact. But in the deep of his hearts, you husband has started loving you and was in want of you. That shows by his behaviour of hugging you. That change would have occured when your first kid was born. But just out of sheer male ego he didnot show his affection. Also he would have thought that you will be bound to be in the marriage for your parents and especially your kids. But when you decided to walk out, his love has come out.

Now it has come to light that he wants his kids. Leave your kids with him. Leave the house with some responsibilities for him. If he didnot complete the chores dont fret, but remind him. After sometime probably a month or so I think you will have the greatest surprise.

ALL THE BEST

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

That's great to hear Diana, All the best.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Diana,

Love when unconditional does move even a rock. what with added patience you have made a success of your marriage. it is easy to break but harder to keep it intact.

Regarding his not helping at home, tell him in different ways- start with asking the kids to ask their dad in thier childish innocence to help in homework.
    make the kids go and sit with him. talk to him, just a hug, a l love you dad make him get involved. There are times when the father's dont know how to deal with kids. the reason is obvious - they will cite i have never seen my father do it. (you can reply back, if your father did not do it, it does not mean you should also not do it:tongue ) for a start.

Regarding his being in a shell, since he has started feeling insecure that you may leave, he will be in a position to listen. so talk. not going strong this could make him retreat. just start with hints

dont ask your sisters husband/or any body else to talk in these matters. these are matters which are very sensitive. it is you and your husband who have to talk.

Wishing you more and more happiness.

8. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Thanks friends i appreciate your advices and wishes.

Knowing my husband all these years, i am very well aware that things wont change so soon. However a bit of change i have seen and that is, before whenever i used to talk to him, he either would go to sleep or move out of the room, but would never respond. But now he doesnt do that, he hears me out and just says 'do what you feel is best for you'.

About my kids, all their life they have been only dependant on me, cos whenevr they ask their father for anything, he would turn them to me. So for them their life only revolves round me. He loves them but is not a doting father. As my husband gives his entire salary to me, he expects me to meet their needs.

Being married for about 7 years now, he is still not a family man and lives life of a bachelor. One thing good about him is, he is neither an alcholic nor an abusive man. He is just a reserved quiet person.

The thing i still regret is, i never had the initial lovey-dovey honeymoon life with him and cannot expect now, after 7 years. But then, from now on, i feel he will be there when i need him, i just hope so.

If i speak i will go on and on.. let me wind here. Thanks for all your support:)

Diana.

9. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hey diana

Great news Congrats. Make ur husband luv u more. Give him so much luv that he forgets all his past relationships.

Regards
    Rakshantha

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear diana
    Congrats.My best wishes for your bright and sunny future together.