1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What the signs foretell…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear KMji,

What a refreshing and hilarious fb from you!

You said it all about our naughty Khushwantji! I was wondering how to express it all in a 'nice' manner...

I relive those days and am sure glad to have found someone who shares the memories with me, KMji...

It is indeed a pleasure to have you come in here, thank you so much!

Regards,
    Padma

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Padma ma'am,

Nice one starting from astrological signs to the signs in our daily life.
    I do believe to some extent in astrology, but not a die-hard fan of it..(eventhough my astro signs say..I am in the Saadhe Sat...ring :-( :biglaugh)

I remember, 'the look from my mom, my mil" which speaks volumes isn't it! Murmur from my better half, absence from the living room, 9this is for my son) which shows that he is upset with something, 'thud thud, sound of one my daughter, while climbing the stairs and silence from the other daughter, shows, that something is wrong..:hide:

As you had mentioned, if we take notice of the daily-signs , we can manage our lives to some extent.

Sriniketan

3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Very nicely written post Padmaji. Your logic of forecasting (the moods of family members) makes a lot more sense than the many predictions to be found in homemaker magazines.

I still remember laughing out loud with my sister one time at one of those horoscope columns in a weekly tamil magazine. Since we both had the same star, our prediction for that week went roughly like this - 'You can expect a mediocre week ahead of you(I need them to tell me that?!!!:biglaugh). Don't expect an inflow of money(we never did anyway :)) and it will pay to be friendly with everyone (so says my mom all the time) this week. :rotfl

4. Padmasrinivas

Hi Monika,

A good astrologer is one who is graced by the Divine and maybe most of the predictions come true...

I wrote in a lighter vein about reading the signs in our daily life to bring some relief from our daily stress and tension!

Thanks so much for stopping by...

Padma

5. Padmasrinivas

Dear Bhargavi,

As always, you add an extra dimension to the posts :) and I am thrilled to receive your inputs!

I do believe in the effects of Sade Saathi but feel strongly that Shani Bhagavan is beneficent...

'I remember, 'the look from my mom, my mil" which speaks volumes isn't it! Murmur from my better half, absence from the living room, 9this is for my son) which shows that he is upset with something, 'thud thud, sound of one my daughter, while climbing the stairs and silence from the other daughter, shows, that something is wrong'

Yes, these are very important signs for sure!

Thanks for being here, Bhargavi dear,

Love
    Padma

6. Padmasrinivas

Dear Meena,

Thank you for the lovely words of appreciation, Meena dear

During our college days, a friend was particularly addicted to Linda Goodman's 'Sun Signs'... no amount of teasing would get to her, uproarious laughter when she opened the book to find out how she'd fare in the term tests, whether we'd get tickets for the latest Saira Banu - Rajendra Kumar movie...

Your sense of humour never ceases to amaze me!

Thanks again, Meena,

Love,
    Padma

7. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma,

That was a very enjoyable and humorous post.

Like you said - I totally believe in the signs and can predict the future ( immediate ) by the son signs, husband signs and maid signs.

Doors bang. OHoh bad day at college. So keep low profile.

Silence when DH returns from work - okay, bad day. Good dinner and filter coffee - mood elevator required.

And the maid signs - thank God for small mercies. Am so relieved my vessels are deaf and mute.

Love,
    Usha

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,

There is one thing common between my idol Khuswant Singh and me.Not the talent, hje is way far ahead, no comparisons there at all.

He and me interviewed one common person called Micheal Pinto, the famous undertaker of Mumbai, he did 30 years ago, and i did him 2 yrs back.

Micheal is famous for his quiotes, some of which are " When u drop dead, drop in"
    His showroom has the sign " Dead Centre of Town":biglaugh

when i went to interview him, which i posted her in 3 parts, he mentioned Khuswant, which u can imagine must have thrilled me no end.Micheal did the cremation for Mother Teressa, he got the call from Vatician to fly down to Calcutta, he washed the body !

And he did for Rajiv Gandhi too, he was flown down to Chennai .He had to place Rajiv's head in one peice, make the body last for a few days, they pump in chemicals to keep the body fresh.

I saw dozens of coffins lying around, and they were priced from a 1000 upwards, and for the poor he give the coffin free and does the services free.

what a character, a lovely one.

Sorry for the long monologue, but Khushwant does that to me.HAHA

Regards

kamal

PS

I hav einterveiwed a few personalities, and some of them have died, like Sambha of Sholay, and Hanumant Singh the cricketer who died after a week i interviewed him in Jaipur.

I am like Simi, who intervieweed Raj kapoor and Rajeev Gandhi in detail, and both died very soon.

Strange eh !

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  9. Padmasrinivas

Dear Usha,

"Son signs, husband signs, maid signs" - very nicely put, thoroughly enjoyed your categories!

A similar scenario seems to be played out in every home, no matter which part of the world!

Thanks for a sweet value-add, Usha dear...

Love,
    Padma

10. Padmasrinivas

Dear KMji,

Now you really have me worried... RK, RG ...

Hope you did not interview anyone recently!

Enjoyable rejoinder, thanks so much KMji,

Regards,
    Padma