What strange foods do your pets like?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by tashidelek2002, May 8, 2009.

1. Praniti

Praniti New IL'ite

Heya!
    :wave

Guess what?!? Dried pig ears and hooves have found their way to Indian pet stores as well!:hide: Though bully sticks still haven't! I hope you do know what they are made of. If not please do a google search!:lol: My cousins gave their dogs bully sticks but did not know what they were made off. After learning, they were so creeped out it was hilarious!:bonk And that just goes to say, dogs are a different species with different tastes but one of the greates creatures ever! :D

The post woodchuck roll bath sounds quite traumatic!:eek

2. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

my little baby boy wants everything.. more like demands that he been given a taste of whatever his parents eat.. for a cat, he's got quite a taste for human food!!

if i make chicken, i always boil some for him.. he loves it.. bacon, after the fat has been wiped off completely.. cheese.. etc..

crazy little boy!! he demands to sniff whatever i make.. of course he does get to do it.. so he waits by the dining table staring up at us..

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

MrsV
    Yes they do love human food if they get accustomed to it when little. My cat who is a rescue from the backyard (hence I can only guess his history) likes cat food best, dry more than canned. Lately he is enjoying just a taste of human food (no more than a teaspoon at most) and like a taste of ice cream in the evening.

My dad (who was a vet) used to recommend giving a piece of bacon to pets daily for their coats. If your kitty gets loose motion, then reduce amount of fat. They need higher amounts of to reduce shedding and make the coat shinier.

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Tina, should the bacon be cooked or raw? Please let me know so I can give to my cats. :)

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Cooked....or you can give a little of the fat from the pan on some bread or cat chow and save the bacon piece for yourself. It is to give them enough fat as animals require that for their coats. (We probably do too but all those cholesterol paranoids will tell us differently. You know...a guy who used to work at the same college as I did went on some super crazy no fat diet combined with excessive running. He got his fat level so low that he ended up in ICU with his health permanently damaged. :shock: )

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

my butch boy(hes a smart boxer) loves caramel payasam:hide: i know i shouldnt be giving him but wat to do? he would give that puppy face with slobber all around his slobber all over.... !:biglaugh

7. Manju13

Manju13 New IL'ite

My friends pomerian "Tintu" likes to eat only tomato adn tomato. Every time he comes home he sits near the refrigerator asking for the tomato. he will never go until a tomato is given to him. Its routine, tomato is reqired for breakfas, lunch and dinner. he also likes icecream very much.

8. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

The title really caught me !!
    A good topic to discuss!!

HI to all the pet lovers here !

I have a doggie, which we believed had strange likings, but got to hear 2 of other cases who have more or less the same taste !!
    We (try) give him the dog food at least once a day, cause it is a balanced diet for him, but lol!! He is not fond of it, he does eat cooked chicken or meat, but his favourites are banana, Mango, grapes, or name any fruits (except citric), and veggies, like carrot, cucumber, etc, and also he loves nuts ! Well, I am a 'non-veg'-turned-to-veg', and these are my favourites too, and my DH feels this dog was specially 'designed' to give me company !! :wink:
    cheers !!

9. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

My 6 month old female pup Bandit loves to to just eat whatever she can get her paws on !
    She likes fruits a lot - bananas, apples, apricots, grapes - name 'em and she'll eat 'em !!

She also spends a good part of the day alone in our apartment as both DH & me are working - so i mentally prepare myself to the mess that i would walk into, every time i unlock my apartment door in the evening..

10. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

My boy Roger(He is a 3 month old Male lab) likes Carrot juice..![​IMG]