what step should i take next?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by manjur, Jul 5, 2010.

1. manjur

manjur Senior IL'ite

hi friends,

i am in ttc for past 1 yr . i have a 6 1/2 yr old daughter so i am desperate to get pregnant now.
    and for last six months i am having ic on alternate days from 12 th to 18th. do i need to see a doctor .?
    i tracked down ovulation using opk and had ic on the day when i see two lines.does it means even after ovulation i am not getting pregnant?

i brought opk when i was in USA.it is finished .i am in chennai how can check my ovulation? my periods come after 29 -33 days
    last cycle when opk showed two lines that day i had heavy stomach pain

please give your suggestions

manju

2. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

to track your ovulation without using OPK take basal body temperature reading.. you can google basal body temperature and you will get LOTS of info on how to do this.. also you can check cervical mucus to know when you are most fertile.. also buy the book "taking charge of your fertility" it is AWESOME help.

I would advise you to do Intercourse from 10th day to 20th day.. since you are doing every other day..

How long did it take to concieve your first child?

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manju,
    In Chennai/India you won't get OPKs is shops. You can try online shopping though.
    You can track Ovulation using BBTs & cervical mucus too! Since you have a regular periods, do IC around the ovulation dates from the last cycle. Lower abdominal pain after your OPK positive can be a ovulation intimation. Not an issue...
    Just stay cool. Relax & try.
    Since you have tried more than 6 months, if you wish meet a gynec & discuss about the next step!
    Baby dust to you.

4. manjur

manjur Senior IL'ite

devika,

i conceived my daughter the month i tried itself.
    this month i had my last set of opks so when i saw two lines i had IC.cervical mucus was less.but periods came . so i think even after ovulation , not conceived

vasumathy ,

i will consult a gynaecologist

manju