What Side Dish you made for idly or dosa or any other tiffin items today

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by chitrajaraika, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

Dosa with Mint, coriander, currey leaves chutney

2. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Mithy,
    all the best for ur prawn briyani...
    Use very little of pattai,lavangam,sombu and the likes...following that add paste of mint (handful of mint leaves) U can add 1 and half big table spoons of ginger garlic paste and that will give u that excellent aroma...
    and as I always say, add ginger garlic paste when water boils i.e 2 mins before u add the rice...

3. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Tulips,

U had asked me veg stew recipe a long time back..sorry for delaying to post it. I still havent tried yet...Ill try and once it comes well definitely will post u the recipe..:)

Mithy,

U asked for Bhindi masala - somwhere I had posted earlier ..will check in soniya's thread and will update u..

4. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Hey soniya...

How are u doing? :) busy trying yummy recipes as always..

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sai, I am looking forward for the Sutta kuzhambu recipe too...
    Mithy, Good luck with prawn briyani - it never came out nice for me.. :(
    Soniya, Hope you are alright now.. Did you DH was out of station or something??
    Ramya, Mint chutney is my favourite.. it goes good for nonveg items too.. like tandoori chicken.. :)
    Yes Shirsha, please post it.. looking forward to it.. :)

I did carrot fried rice yesterday and brinjal kaara kuzhambu (with tamarind) the day before.. carrot rice was bit spicy..

Today is my DH's birthday.. So hoping to make some special dishes today evening... :)

ilt

6. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shrisha...thanks for remembering. I will search in the index thread too. :)

ILT, I finally made it. For the first attempt, it was good. The smell was good, taste good...but am not completely satisfied. Must experiment to get the best result. Birthday wishes to your DH :)

Today made:
    Fruit custard for breakfast
    Prawn Biriyani, onion raita and Brinjal masala for lunch..also lemon ginger soda.

7. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

ILT, do you make that mint chutney for tandoori items?
    I mean they add curd to mint...can you give me that recipe?

8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

mithy, ILT,
    nothing special ma...sambar nalla sundavacha..athu thaan sutt kuzhambu

9. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithy, Really happy to know about your success in prawn biryani... Is it same like chicken briyani? Like cook prawn first and in the broth cook basmati? If so I will try it this week... Is there anything different to do for prawn briyani??

I too had that mint chutney in hotels only.. I never tried myself with curd.. :( I will definitely post the recipe here if I try it..

Sai, thats very different dear. I never heard of sambar sutta kuzhambu. Will try it..

Yesterday I planned to make lamb briyani[his favourite] and a sweet. But work was very tight yesterday and I started late from office. By the time I reached home I was very tired mentally. Met DH on the way to home, seeing me he immediately agreed to order some good south indian dishes. We ordered Lamb briyani and parotta chick kuruma. It was horrible. I regretted not cooking. This is his first bday after marriage that I didnt cook anything and it turned to an utter disaster. :( Planning to make up for it this weekend, so going through all recipe threads in IL to select dishes.. .. :) Mithy please tell how did you made fruit custard...

Soniya hope you are feeling well now.. Missing your recipe list... :)

ilt

10. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

It is same as Chicken Biriyani with two variations

Marinate Prawns with little salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and ginger garlic paste for an hour to get rid of that smell.

I added coconut milk to the gravy and cooked them for about 10minutes. And then added the rice.

Rest the same method. :)
    Hope your weekend becomes special with your yummy dishes. Good luck ! :thumbsup

1 person likes this.