What Side Dish you made for idly or dosa or any other tiffin items today

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by chitrajaraika, Dec 7, 2010.

1. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends

Good morning to all.how is climate there.here raining during evening and cool climate.

yesterday i had dosa with dhal kootu,idly podi

today morning i had idly with mint chutney,chow chow moongu dhal kootu

whats your menu friends

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Its raining here too Soniya... yesterday walked home in the rain, luckily had umbrella. Today it was drizzling... So its cool...

I cooked Spinach with dhal... DH bought something else that looks like spinach it seems.. so the taste was not that good... So I had to quickly prepare chenna which I soaked in the morning for evening tiffin... I added onion and tomato and made it as a curry... brought the same today...

Mithy, here are the kollu recipes that I mentioned: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/a...-thread-ask-here-recipes-221.html#post1854151

Eagerly waiting to hear the recipes from your home... :)

ilt

3. chitrajaraika

hi tulips dear

great you too enjoyed the climate.Here too it rained heavily with cool air.

yes spinach taste will be like that.you can add more moongudaal with moderated amount of that spinach.then add grinded coconut with cumin seeds. it may gives flavor and taste.

anyway you prepared chana intelligently.nice menus dear.
    actually today is here ponagani moongudhal Kootu. i wrongly typed as chow chow Kootu he he he

4. ILoveTulips

Thanks a lot soniya.. in fact I am enjoying this thread.. I am interested to do new recipes and share with you gals here... :)

You know the spinach we get here were not as tasty as what we get in Tamilnadu. I love Murungakeerai a lot... But never seen here... :(

Yesterday I didnt cook anything. I had some rice left, ate with curd... today will have lunch out... will monitor this thread for updates from you all.. :)

ilt

5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Today menu was pesarattu with ginger chutney for breakfast..
    and for lunch it gonna be phulkas and cabbage!

Nice thread .............

6. chitrajaraika

Hi friends

today my mom got holiday hence idly with orange coconut chutney,tomato chutney and idly podi

yesterday i had idly upma with sugar and dosa with mint chutney

what menus in your house

7. chitrajaraika

hi friends

yesterday i had idly,dosa and veg kuruma combination of beans,butter beans,cauliflower,potato,arakeerai kootu

today i had poori with potato masal and yesterday kuruma

whats your menus friends

8. ILoveTulips

What is orange coconut chutney soniya??? Give me a brief recipe...

I tried a new recipe yesterday... I love tomato dosa a lot... Tomato dosa with coconut chutney I cant resist... Yesterday I saw chitrama's recipe and thought of trying it... But I can ferment the batter.. so I need something instant... And I had plenty of carrots in home those are nearing expiry date. So thought of doing some mix and match. I ground 4 tomatoes, 3 carrots, 4 green chillies, some jeera seeds finely. Then added 1.5 cups of rice flour and 1 cup of besan to the mixture and some salt. Then some chopped coriander leaves. Then when I prepared dosa, because of the ground carrot, the dosa didn't comes as dosa. I can't even turn it. I was so frustrated.. All the hardwork was going to waste.. then the life saver was the wheat flour. I just added 1 cup wheat flour, then thats it... The dosa came like dosa... :) I made the batter very thick because I dont want to add too much oil to get a thin dosa out of the pan. The dosa was very very very tasty.. you dont even have to have side dish... Tomato gave bit tangy taste and carrot gave its sweet taste.... Anyway I made spicy coriander chutney... and yesterday's dinner was amazing.. DH loved it.. :)

ilt

9. chitrajaraika

tulips dear

super recipe but when we do these types of dosa.utapam maathri panalaa,thin dosa set aaguthu.adding wheat flour is nice idea too.surely will try it dear.

for these types of dosa we can have sugar or coconut chutney too.i mostly add the chutnies in dosa batter and side dish will be sugar for it.it also taste good

so happy weekend to you.you amazingly tried a recipe and it came out well happy to hear

10. chitrajaraika

Friends for lunch the dishes are here surakaai sambar,potato masal,murungai keerai,pudalangaai fry.as my mom got holiday and sister arrived home lots of side dishes today