1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What should i carry to Canada

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by sindhu243, Jun 18, 2013.

1. sindhu243

sindhu243 New IL'ite

hiee evryone !!!

i am from andhra pradesh,
    leaving to Saskatoon (Canada) this august for 3 years to pursue master's.
    i am just not sure what to include in my luggage & what not to ...

can u people please help me with all the info u have right from clothing (it is a big issue for girls :p ) , to electronic gadgets..

awaiting for the reply...

thank u all in advance :)

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Some Jeans, t-shirts, light jackets and in winters you will need heavy jacket. As for electronics just remember the voltage difference .

3. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

hi

Electrical appliances Old - check if it is 110v compatible if yes buy an adapter to plug in. new - buy mixie / grinder with 110 volts.

dress - buy from branded shops otherwise possibility of shrinking due to heavy duty dryer is high. buy thick t-shirts for winter may be one size more than the normal size that u wear.

buy formal and spots shoes. buy sneakers. in house slippers

if you are planning to cook bring cooker, pans, kadai, vessels, ladles, spoons, tumblers and some food supplies for initial 10 days. whichever vessels u plan to use for heating make sure it is flat bottomed.

things are v.expensive here + 13% tax no ideas about saska...

watches, belts, sunglasses r must and they r costly.

if u have any queries on any specific thing that you need to buy or not msg me

1 person likes this.
  4. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

sindhu,

This is my list.

Cooker,kadai ,dosa tawa,and 2 more medium size vessels,garitelu,plastic spoons ,tupper ware food storage boxes,jeans,t-shirts,long winter jacket(it will come till knees), sweat shirts,Panties,B's,slips, Thermal wear(2 pairs),socks( 10 pairs),Gloves,branded moisturiser,sanitory pads

Also, it will be super hot in summers.So bring cotton indian dresses,tops,cotton nighties/night dress

Here i can see that clothes are bit costly.Better you get almost everything from india if possible.

As srilatha said, bring a good pair of sunglasses and belts.

Also you can bring some ready to eat food for first few weeks.If you are going to cook,then better get all the spices,which can last for a month.Later when you got used to this place,then you can buy things here.

Annitikanna mundu mana pickles and podulu marchipovaddu.These will be very useful in the intial days.

Hmm if you wear bindi,then get lots of them and also liquid eye liners.you can use them as bindis too.

India lo 5rs ki vache sticker packet,ikkada 100 rs ki konnadi maa friend papam.

Have a safe journey

1 person likes this.