What should I bring with me when I move from U.S. to Chennai?

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by SrividyaNKumar, Jan 16, 2010.

1. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    We are planning to move back to chennai this year. I don't really know what are all I need to bring from here. We are planning to ship our sofa set, bed set, TV, Home theatre etc. I am planning get some cosmetics(Lancome). What else I should consider? It will be great if you can throw your suggestions. Pls. add anything everything comes in your mind. Something that sounds silly might be big for others. Let's also use this post as a planner for R2I folks..

Thanks,

Vidyaa

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi vidya,

there is a forum for those who r planning to go to India. i cannot mention the name as it is getting deleted by the moderators. just google it. it will be of more use. u can find what to carry what not to, container sharing and everything.

3. SrividyaNKumar

Hi Shree,
    Thanks for the info..

Vidyaa

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hi, just trying to see if you are the one contacting us at the google groups, Srividya? I am waiting for your response to my mail. Take care.

5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

6. SrividyaNKumar

Re: How do you feel after returning to Chennai.

Hi All,
    Some of my friends suggests that the not-stick cookwares are not that good in India and
    It's better to take from here. Any suggestions on this?

Vidyaa

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vidya,

I have a set from tefal brought 10 years back, with very mild scratches done by my guests longtime back. it is still working well for me. I also use the local prestige ones. I would suggest since you are packing a container to pick up non-stick too..and if you are into baking, you can pick up the moulds for tarts, breads and all from there.

the prestige non-stick that is exported from here is different from the locally available. i was shown a few pieces of the export variety and i was greatly impressed, though it is not sold in the indian market.

I would also suggest to pick those heavy duty steel vessels that you get. they are a class apart.

1 person likes this.
  8. SrividyaNKumar

Hi Shanti,
    Thanks for the info. I'll grab few non-stick cookwares. Also, which heavy duty dishes are you talking about? I thought just non-stick cookwares should be enough. It would be nice if you can mention what kind of heavy duty dishes you are mentioning.. And any brands or stores suggestions?

Vidyaa

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vidyaa,

I was thinking on fissler brand. I have my eye on that. since dh is still working abroad, i may pick it sometime. I have been hesitating because of the weight and i am restricted from lifting more than 2/3kgs.

One of my friends has a range of them from faberkare.

though costly, they are one time investments..

hey this was just a suggestion, check them and use your discretion. for the regular use,you can even leave the non-stick and pick these.:idea

10. SrividyaNKumar

Hi Shanthi,
    Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I really appreciate.

Regards,

Vidyaa