1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What quality would you like to see in your spouse??? NOW !!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tara09, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Tara09

Tara09 New IL'ite

What quality would you like to see in your spouse and tell us if you are doing anything about it or have just compromised with the package you got???

I really wish my dh talked a little more. He is very quiet and I am the one who does all the talking in our marriage.
    Infact, when I married him I appreciated that quality because I, being a talkative person did not like another clone of me. But, now I feel he needs to give work to his vocal chords more.

When ever we have guests or friends at home, it is funny to see them talking amongst themselves in our house with dh sprinkling his usual hmm, yeah, fine,ok, oh! ah!, ..........every 15-20 secs.

Sometimes, I hear the other person talking nonstop and dh so silently listening to every bit of it and nothing to contribute. After they leave I ask him, why don't you also talk something? He says, I was listening to him, he had lot of stuff to tell me, whats wrong?? I say....oh!no! nothing wrong! You are fine!!...
    In fact all our friends say he is so quiet and calm and we like that in him....Hey! I liked that earlier too, but not anymore....:bonk

Anyway, other than that my package is good.....:)
    How about yours???? Share your side,plzz....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Aww Tara! Sounds exactly like my DH.

Very economical with words. So much that he won't even use sentences unless absolutely necessary!! I've given up on that now.

What I'm trying to change in him is his use of endearments. I would like him to say dear and honey and sweetie and such when he talks to me.

So, these days, if he says something I'll repeat his phrase including a term of endearment and make him repeat my line :D It is quite good fun. But strangely, he doesn't seem to be learning very quickly... ;o)

3. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

NEATNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's a HUGE pet peeve of mine :crazy and he knows it.
    All other aspects we are in total sync like talking, helping, sharing etc.,

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  4. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

I love my husband as he is. :kiss
    Thanks to my stars, I found my soulmate.

5. Enchanted

Enchanted New IL'ite

An interesting thread to get us thinking!

So what is that ONE quality I would like spouse to have - as in right now... Mmm... Let me see. I think there would be more than one, but if I HAVE to lay my bet on one it would be to be more broad-minded. Hubby is a typical conservative Indian guy, with somewhat set notions on life and family, women and career, kids and their upbringing. I think I am more the 'lets try things OUR way' kind. I mean WE are living this life right, not HIS parents, HIS friends, or so-and-so who is supposedly living the perfect life. I like to carve a life for ourselves, he thinks life can be fit into a pre-defined template. A formula. Wonder if that will ever change! I think mindsets are hard to change. But I do try anyway :biglaugh