1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What One Approves, Another Scorns

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ennaye, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Hi All,:wave:

I don't know if I am posting this in the correct forum but I am doing so for I usually post here.

So many ladies have problems with their in laws and while I do empathise with them and Ifeel all of us have the need to vent our feelings. (I do too!) But life must go on . Everybody has adjustments to make and its not only us.

Adjustments have to be made at all stages of life. As a daughter, as a sister, as a DIL and also as a MIL one has to make adjustments and those of us who can do so are the happiest.

I read a small peom , thought I will share this with you all. This is how it goes:

What One Approves, Another Scorns
    What one approves,
    another scorns,
    and thus
    his nature each discloses.
    You find the rosebush
    full of thorns,
    I find the
    thornbush full of roses.

A Very Happy New Year to all.

God Bless You.

2. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Its time to bump this up.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

And, having been through really draining times during in-laws visits and my parents vists, I say the bush is still there, and we are all still beating around the bush. Some of us who try to trim the bush are being called negative.

When we trim the bush, roses and thorns both get cut. When looking at the pile of rose bush trimmings, some only look at the roses that got cut, some look at the thorns that also got cut.

Just yesterday, the gardener trimmed the rose bushes in my garden down to the ground, so they will grow and thrive in a few months, come spring.

Enough said!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  4. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Absulutely right!

5. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hello,

according to me by love ,affection, adjustments, patience we can achieve anything. what do you say?

6. rr99

rr99 Senior IL'ite

7. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

8. rr99

rr99 Senior IL'ite

The gardeners come with the sniper scissors, wanting to prune the bush the way they like it. The bush is not asking to be pruned.[/quote]

The reason why the bush needs to be pruned is for its own good, to prolong its health, A bush growing wild & uncontrolled tends to used up all resources around it, & eventually brings about its own decline.
    & to reiterate my previous question, Have you any real evidence that this type of quote ever works with the people in error namely the toxic ILS etc?, How come such platitiudes are strewn about only to people who object to uncivil behaviour rather than those who exibhit the bad manners?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009