1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What my Dad Taught me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,

Yes over 40 years ago this was his vision.And Radhika, we have to adjust to the fact that even if we may be vegetarian,and teetotalars, our children, settling abroad, may eat and drink at some time, so why force them to hide these things from us, rather why not tell them, please do so in front of us, then the feear goes fro their minds.

Yes Dhirubhai made this mistake.HAHAHAHAHAHA

And i am glad i dont have sons, and i am happier for it.Just two lovely daughters, and i dont have to worry to leave a legacy behind, but enjoy my money and time:biglaugh

Well he did not know anything about the stock market, neither do i, but we dont regret not delving the stock market, for we have made enough, thru hard work and business, evern after paying all the relevant taxes we have enough.

Thanks a ton for the lovely FB.

REgards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vinoran,

I comment on yr FB, which was a lovely tribute to your father.The mistake was not yours, but mine, for i got busy, and just when i came to yr FB, i was caught with some work, and so could not comment on it.My apologies.

You are a lovely person, a loving person, how can i carry ill feeling towards u ? Dont worry please, if u see, not that i am sitting free, i will be answering all at one shot.

Thanks and my apologies for the delay.

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Yes paying taxes , at 30% is not bad at all.Do u know in the early seventies, the tax rate in india was 97%, swear no jokes.at 30% it is too good.So why not pay and smile.

Thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha,

What a wonderful FB u have given.Yes so true, to win the trust of yr kids, is one hell of a thing, and if they confide in u, what more heaven can u want from God.WE would confide in Dad, and he was a patient listener, and anythign reasonable he would do it.

Thanks a ton, have a nice day Sujata.Thanks for the kind words.

Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RG,

Thanks for coming back.Dont force yourself to give comments, there are certain blogs, that u dont understand, and dont know what to give comment on, so instead of giving a nasty FB, bettter to say nothing:biglaugh

but if u have a minute or two to spare, and u like a blog, add yr two bits.And if u want to write moer and dont have thte time then, say i will come back for more, and the writer is happym even if u dont come back.

Happens with me, and thisis how i deal with this.

But i like to leave my FB for whatever it may be worth .God knows how much it may mean to the writer.

Thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

6. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamaji,
    How happy to receive a reply from you. Thank you so much. Why should you apologize to me?
    It shows your love towards your loving people
    Thank you
    Always Your Fan
    Vinoran

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Vinoran,

Thank u so much for yr kind words.They made my day.

Regards

kamal

8. kalpanachaddha

kalpanachaddha New IL'ite

HI ,
    I read your post n just loved it. Just one thing... people might not agree with me but still would like to ask.
    You said if u had son u would have done the same ... Why not with daughters .
    When i turned 16 my dad had arranged a party for me which had beer on the menu. I mean everyone knows that today even girls drink n have fun n party . So why differentiate ?

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kalpana,

Welcome to my blogs.

Well we boys sued to have beer occassionally then, with uncles, before Dad introduced it to us.

My daughters, they aer veg and nondrinkers since birth, gone on my wife.

And well, u dont expect girls to sit and drink with Dad everyday for an hour, can u ?

In our house, once in a way, Bhabhi had a sip iof whiskey, beer, wine, so did grandma, but u cant make it a habit of daily drinking for the ladies of the house.

Now u may not like my answer.:biglaugh

Regards

kamal

10. meghna.rj

meghna.rj Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamal
    Read your post and loved it... the whole post reminded me so much of dad..whom i miss so much here in Dubai.. he is this fun loving - jaan of the party type of person... always lovingly irritating my mom.

most of the things you have mentioned is how my dad has treated me and my sisters... he has raised (along with loads of help from mom) the 3 of us to be independent and totally confident of ourselves... half the time my husband teases us that you have been raised as boys :rotfl

from an early age he made sure that we know our drinks..have a taste at a family get-together... his logic (which i totally agree with) - if you go to a party and someone spikes ur drink you need to be aware about it... better safe than sorry..:cheers

your post reminded me about my teens and college life... with girlie parties that involved drinks, music and dance.. with my dad being the centre of attention. so much so that my dad would that say that he feels like a warden of a girl's hostel as there would always be one of our besties (best friend - mine or my sisters) at home....

I haven't read any of your earlier posts.. but will catch up on them soon..

A lovely post that has made my day today...

Megs