1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What my Dad Taught me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

What can I say Kamalji! I read your fun blogs everyday as a stress buster.I forgot to leave my feedback sometimes.Please do not think that Iam not reading your blogs.

This blog made me to feel.I was disturbed for the whole day,yesterday.I was in a hurry yesterday and hence did not leave a comment here,instead nominated this blog of your for FP - June.

My father has a special place in my heart.No wonder,why this blog disturbed me!

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pads,

Yes the greatest gift ar the parents, that is Mom and Dad.Daughters learn much form their mothers, and sons from their dads.Though Dad loves daughter and mom loves son more:biglaugh

You said teh right words, Unity in Diversity.Yes we brothers are very close to each other, so are the ladies.When u work seperate, live seperate, adn when there is no money common in between, the relations are sweeter and better, what say Pads?

And our hearts are one, anytime anyone is in trouble , we all rush to help.

Now my daughter is staying at my brothers house, with my mom too, in Mumbai, doing her internship, and she is so happy, they take so much care of her, that is what makes a father happy, nahin ?

thanks for the kind words Pads.where are ur jokes ? just bns i did not post, u should.i love the,

From tomm u will now have the same old naughty blogs of mine, with jokes, tomms blog is about how teh URL;s change their meaning, bcs we cant put spaces in between.Read it tomm morning it is ready for tomm posting.And have yur joke ready too.:biglaugh

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila,

i am so glad tht u are back to Indis with a bang and making up for lost time.And i have never seen u more active, and yr brain is working better than before.:biglaughOxygen off now ?

Yes Dad was prudent, and all us brothers, none gives money in the market, nor we play the stock markets, little is good for us, we sleep peacefully.

Thanks a ton, and be ready for a naughy blog for tomm morning psot.

Regards

kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shobha,

i couldnt agree with u more whrer stocks are concerned.Dad never knew anything, netiher did us brothers, so it is better to stay out if one is ignorant.

For temptations are always there top play the market, and one can lose everything in a few days time.

Where as with Banks u dont have to use yr brains, just park r money and earn the interest.

Well said.

Regads

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

Yes he did not want us to get into bad company of friends, drugs and girls, just bcs we wanted to go out for a drink, we oculd have gone to beer bars, where drugs and girls are rampant.

so he told us anytime u want call over yr friends fro drinks.This way, we did not like to go out much for these things, sit with a glass among family, and he was a daily drinker, so he knew we would take it up one day, inside the house or outside.

and with drinks and nonveg being made everyday, what was the charm of going out with friends.We were the evny of all our friends, and once a week we would call them home over drinks and kebabs.Thanks to my Dad.

Thanks for the lovely FB.Thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

Germany thing i was not aware of , though i have been there a few times, my uncle stayed there.But yes, it is good, for the child to share it, otherwise he will go out and drink, and get into more trouble, for with drinks come drugs and girls, latenights, lousy oily food, teh works basically.

And yes each is indepenent and happy, each going their own way, and managing their own finances.

My neice is getting married,and my brother is not well off, we all other 3 brothers have pooled in, for us she is our own daughter.

Yes thanks to u, i went and saw and RG has nominated it, and what better a gift for my Dad than this one.

Thank u so much for the kind words , and my last half a dozen blogs have been on serious topics, but from tomm , watch out i am back to my bad old ways of whacky blogs, which give u moderators headaches.:rotfl

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear GC,

You can still write on yr Dad, it will come out good, do write why regret, we all have our own versuions of our fathers.

Regards

kamal

8. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Kamalji

People like your Dad are very rare and you are lucky to be have one.
    In majority in india there is always a comparision among siblings and
    parents always pushing the one's well settled one's to compensate even for the one's not so well settled. Not allowing individuals to lead thier one independent life.

Iam now sailing in the same boat. I have posted a thread on this issue under this section itself.

regards
    Shobha

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Poojya Kamalji
    Namaste!! Been a while since I read anything sincerely. I find myself having time to read one or maybe two posts and then go away. Good to see you and that too with a difference. A sweet tribute to your Dad. Like everybody has said here, he planned everything very sensibly and made some very wise decisions. I quite agree with them too. Our parents are always our role models in life and especially for a daughter. I am sure many would agree that when parents seek a good match for their daughter and when they ask her what type of a husband she wishes for, the answer most of the time would be " somebody who is like my dad!". Well you can never have two people being the same way, but somebody whose principles and values are very much like their dad's is possibly what they are meaning. I most certainly said that to my parents and got many things common between the two, including birthdays and temper!! :). Thank you for sharing with us about your Dad.

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

that was a lovely tribute to your father.he certainly seems to be a worldly wise and practical person
    I ,also feel that you are exactly like him.a very easy going person on the surface but with a very deep affection for your family and brothers.really nice to know a person like you.:)
    like all daughters I too feel my father is the greatest :) and miss him very badly some days.