1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

The movie didn't show the other side well though
    1 There was more domestic violence in the household. The friends complained. That's what brought CPS into their home
    2 The son on the autism spectrum was not given the required support.
    3 The house was unclean. Not fit for kids to live.

DDream likes this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

No, Chanchitra, number may not be so important but that wrong statistics give false image to that particular state and there is a chance of some people may feel insecure to go or live in that state. Hope you understand my intention.
    It was heart wrenching to watch and think about that trauma of those 3 girls had gone through.
    I agree with you on awareness is important but I'm against about political parties using that movie for their party benefits.

Lalithambigai and DDream like this.
  3. chanchitra

Yes. The name of the movie should have been different.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

@chanchitra
    Where can I watch Mrs chaterjee vs Norway.?

5. chanchitra

Netflix.com
    Einthusan.tv

KashmirFlower likes this.
  6. chanchitra

Zarna garg in Prime video.
    She is really funny.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I did not watch this movie, and probably will not watch this.
    But I have witnessed similar incidents in Sri lanka by the so called terrorists. Be it Tamil tigers or ISIS or others, terrorism has no place for humanity.
    Recently, we heard a couple of horror stories among families of Hindus in the country, whose daughters got married to Muslims and converted to Islam upon marriage. After a couple of years, these men forced their wives into terrorism acts, and one of them even diet after the Easter Attack in Sri lanka during 2019.

This was a mind opener for parents, especially Hindus whose daughters were in love affairs and about to convert to Islam.

But, the number is very very small to even talk about it. It is like 2-3 in a country of 20 million. So, generalizing this in connection with a particular religion and exaggerating the numbers to some thousands to make it a "story" is not appropriate.

Extremist in Sri Lanka did this for a reason. They wanted to inject fear in the community, and create frictions between two communities to divide and rule. They succeeded from that for a while.

Extremist in India are also doing the same by giving this movie some unwanted attention. It is now showing as if most girls who fall in love with a Muslim boy are a victim or future victim of Jihad/terrorism.
    It shows, such love jihad is wide spread, and a biggest concern for now.

They might win, because people with extremist thoughts can support them. Also, chances are high that people with shallow mind can get caught to this ideology.

Nevertheless, their dream is mostly short- lived. People will learn and move on.
    But the damage they created to Kerala (as a place unsafe for women, more terrorist involvement etc) and women (who fall in love with Muslims) will become beyond repair.

Always take these kind of films with a pinch of salt

KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

A man called Otto starred Tom hanks.Feel good movie and if you liked Note book movie, there is a pretty good chance you might like this movie.

9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Bakasuran a tamil movie. very nice. nice message on watching children who are exposed to internet.

10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Last weekend I was searching for an interesting, natural movie then it popped up in new movies list. I remember your recommendation of this movie and I watched it. Yes, those background dialogues are connected to movie and I had seen that TV runs 24/7 at some houses in villages. It stops only when they have power cut.
    I’m not sure about I liked it or not liked the movie but the climax threw me in confusion and I thought a lot. It was strange to see No one ask any question to James and even James behaved nothing had happened to him. 2. Did Sundaram possess him? Or it was James’s afternoon dream ( title of the movie)? I felt sorry for Poovally's family.
    It was scary to think about consequences if it happen in real life.:rolleye:

Thyagarajan and vidhyalakshmid like this.