1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. godsgp

godsgp Silver IL'ite

Pulp fiction.

I always play safe and go back to old stuff which I know is a treat to watch rather than risk wasting time!:biggrin:

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Makal (malayalam) - Great movie. How a mom and a teenage daughter manage with the Dad being in abroad and what are all the changes when he comes back for good. Very practical movie except the final episode, which is very cinematic.

chanchitra likes this.
  3. vidhyalakshmid

nadupagal nerathu mayakkam - Super malayalam movie. It starts slow at the beginning, but picks up after that. No songs,no fights and no masala. If you like classic movies, it is a MUST WATCH. Kudos to the Director and cameraman. Really the camera painted an elegant portrait ! I was wondering how the villages are portrayed artificially in tamil movies all these days. Mammoty did his best at the longshorts also. His bodylanguage is unbelievable. Half of the movie has tamil conversation which is needed to the story.
    Background dialogues (from old tamil movies) - very apt, but I felt too much.
    I loved when Mammooty took the bike and rode, there was BGM of galloping of horses from the old movie played.
    If you have patience to watch a CLASSIC, it is worth it.
    If you are looking for entertainment, NO NO

4. vidhyalakshmid

Shakuntalam (telugu) - Gone to the theatre with lot of expectations. But it is pictorised like a TV drama and badly mixed animation. Dev mohan suits the lead as Dushyanth and Samantha too.
    But the story looks little dragging though they managed with good music and songs.
    If you want your kids to know our mythological stories, it is a good option.
    What I enjoyed is the visual treat of flamboyant birds and flowers in Rishi`s hermitage.
    Allu Arjun`s daughter acted as young BHARATHA! One time watch.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

In terms of box office collection,, it is reported in TOI-net edition collection in USA on day one was equivalent of Rs 5 crores and in india is expected to gross
    Thanks and regards. hundreds of crores. The picture yet to be released in Indis.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

b32 muthal 42 varai Any review here?

7. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Watched thankam and nanpagal nerathu mayakkam. I loved both. But the TV sound in nanpagal nerathu mayakkam was annoying. That's one negative i would say. A simple plot is taken and malayalam movie makers add poetry to it. Really wish tamil movies are not hero centric and have plots in it. Feel like that era is gone in tamil industry. Except for one or two here and there nothing is good these days in tamil. All are hero worship cliche stories which run just with the fan base of the actors and not for the plot. May be thats why the film makers also do not bother about the quality or the story

Ranchu and chanchitra like this.
  8. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Watched Goodnight tamil movie. After a looooong time a simple movie about family issues. I liked very much. All the actors were perfect in their performances. Especially Manikandan, Ramesh tilak and heroine Meethu. I loved the heroine's puppy a lot :hearteyes:.1st half really enjoyable and 2nd half little slow but watchable. No violence, no vulgarity. A decent feel-good movie. Can watch with family.

anika987 likes this.
  9. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Anyone saw kerala story

10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I watched it as I read reviews of film was based on true events those happened in Kerala. I didn't watch Kashmir Files because We all know what has been happening in Kashmir. I hadn't aware of what is going on in Kerala so My curious mind wanted to know it. It isn't an entertainment movie and I had just closed eyes to skip many horrible scenes. Adah Sharma had done outstanding performance and others also acted very well.
    I was surprised to know some states had given tax free status to a controversial movie.

Last edited: May 14, 2023