1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Love Hostel - 2022 Hindi movie. Available only on Zee5 but so worth it. Strong story, enough twists, well-developed characters. Great acting by Sanya Malhotra, Vikrant Massey and Bobby Deol. I liked the rustic North Indian (UP/Bihar?) dialog.

"Set against the pulsating backdrop of rustic North India, Love Hostel traces the volatile journey of a spirited young couple, being hunted by a ruthless mercenary. From imdb"​

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  2. Rihana

Another good crime thriller movie on Zee5 is Bob Biswas. Excellent acting by Abhishek Bachchan, too bad the movie is not on Netflix or Prime.

3. Rihana

The Gray Man - watched it for Ryan Gosling. Netflix.

Usual CIA thriller. Nothing deep. Pure timepass. Indian actor Dhanush has a blink and you miss it apperance.

Random trivia:
    Ryan Gosling got $10 million for the movie,
    Chris Evans got $15 million.
    Dhanush got $500,000 (Rs 4 crores). He gets around 15 crores for Tamil projects and much more for Telugu, Hindi.
    Source: Dhanush Fans Are Shocked After Learning About His Pay For The Gray Man

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    stayblessed and Amica like this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Rocketry- Nambi effect (bio pic) - Kudos to Maddy as a director for his efforts! First half is with more technical terms, may not be attention catchy. Through this movie we know about Nambi Narayanan (Padma bhushan) and his contribution towards India`s space mission. He was wrongly charged and jailed for conspiracy and selling the secrets to foreign country. Maddy did well as as actor rather than the director.
    Every one should watch atleast to know the achievements and determination of Nambi Narayanan.

5. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Veetula visesham. Such a good movie. Urvashi what a talent. Everything about her in the film is too good. The facial expressions, body language, dialogue delivery you name it. Kpy lalitha Apt selection. Done a wonderful job. Except RJ balaji every one has done a good job. He could have limited himself with direction.

The movie is about a couple who become pregnant with their third child in their 50s. How well do their family, relatives and the society around them receive the news is narrated with humour and sentiments. I have my own problems in accepting the couples decision. Is it really a sin aborting the child or is it a sin if the child is kept but the parents can't bring him or her up well. Since the movie doesn't deal with the latter part, I enjoyed it. Or may be this whole judging of someone's decision is wrong when it doesn't affect us in any way, is what the movie is trying to convey.

6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Just added it to my list. Thanks.

Rs 4 crore sounds pretty good for a blink-and-you-miss-it appearance, no?

Rihana likes this.
  7. Rihana

Darlings (2022, Hindi) on Netflix. Darlings (2022) - IMDb
    OK'ish. The story is good but somehow I didn't like to watch the way he illtreats his wife and she keeps putting up with it in the first half. One time watch maybe. Alia Bhatt's acting somehow felt flat. Shefali Shah, Vijay Varma stood out. Nice to see Roshan Mathew also.

Wedding Season (2022, English) on Netflix. Wedding Season (2022) - IMDb
    Totally loved this one.
    "Pressured by their parents to find spouses, Asha and Ravi pretend to date during a summer of weddings, only to find themselves falling for each other."

Natural acting by the lead pair (Pallavi Sharda, Suraj Sharma) and their parents. Hope the young leads get more movies.

Srama and Ranchu like this.
  8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Thiruchitrambalam. Simple old wine in new bottle type of story. Humorous dialogues and performance of the actors made it an entertaining watch. Never liked bharathiraja as a director, but he is a fine actor. I wish he is given more chances for acting.
    Thiruchitramblam as Jr pazham is a food delivery boy who left studies after school and not in talking terms with his father played by Prakash raj. Bharathiraja as Sr pazham and dhanushs grand dad is the mediator between the two and maintains peace at home. Nithya menon as shobana resides in the same apartment as dhanush and a close friend of him from childhood. Looks like the only job of the hero is to find a girl for himself and face rejections. Finally with his grandfathers nudge he understands who will make best pair with him. Nothing is a spoiler as you will be able to guess everything right from the start be it why the dad and son don't talk or who will dhanush be finally paired with. I dont agree to someone wasting his life because his father made a grave mistake. Yes sudden death of a close one can make us depressed. If dhanush is angry he could have studied well, got himself a good job and stayed away from his dad. But no, may be the whole aim is to show a girl falling in love with a less deserving guy and then only it's unconditional love. But it's far from reality these days. The director mithran jawahar knows all the right elements to pull the audience to a very old story line. I won't lie, I enjoyed watching the movie.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

2 malayalam movies - Malayankunju and The Heaven
    Malayankunju - Fahad fazil entangled in a landslide and how he is coming out of the danger. OKish
    His struggle under the ground has been pictorised very close to reality.
    The Heaven - A must watch homicide thriller.Credit goes to the brilliant performance by Suraj Venjaramoodu. Throughout the movie his expressions are outstanding, especially when he lost his
    son. He did not shed tears, but beautifully(?) brought his inner pain in his face.I have glued to the screen
    without any small break due to the flow of the story and the direction too.

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I wish you had commented about songs. anyways good comprehensive review of story line absurdities.
    Partially it reminds me movie
    Kaadhal Kondein
    Produced by Dr. K. Vimalageetha
    Starring Dhanush Sonia Agarwal Sudeep. In that too Dhanush portrays poor in studies and get hooked to sonia agarwal. Good entertainer with a likting music in

candidheart and stayblessed like this.