1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Seriously I hated it too. Refrained from posting a feedback here to not offend fans.
    What a stupid concept and screenplay was terrible as well.

balakrish and stayblessed like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Veetla vishesham!
    Hilarious guys. Go watch it if you find the time. I laughed so hard the entire time. Awesome acting by KPSC Lalitha, Satya Raj and Urvashi. Aparna was good too. RJ Balaji was a disappointment(especially when compared to Ayushman). This is the first time I felt a remake has surpassed the original.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I too felt he had the same expression throughout, like he was director for others but forgot to direct himself. : )

I would say it is the kind of movie one watches in a long flight if no other good movie.. but this movie's plot makes it not suitable to watch in flight. : )

Amitabh Bachchan was so preachy kind like he is in many movies of late, and I found it odd the questions he asks and how he intimidates and shouts down the two pilots in the inquiry.

Couple of small surprises in the story towards the end were a nice touch.

OK'ish movie though expected more from Ajay Devgan. I watched it on einthusan.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The 2018 movie "Tully" came up in my suggested list in Netflix.
    "...Marlo, a mother of three including a newborn, is gifted a night nanny by her brother. Hesitant to the extravagance at first, Marlo comes to form a unique bond with the thoughtful, surprising, and sometimes challenging young nanny named Tully."​

I really liked it. Great acting by both the women, Charlize Theron and Mackenzie Davis. Realistic story that any busy and harried mother will totally relate to. Some nice dialogs between the mother and the nanny.

stayblessed likes this.
  5. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Bhool bhulaiyaa 2, a disaster, fat shaming and same old same old.

2012 movie Charulata, staring priyamani did a better job, both the movies have similar twists.

6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Heard that kannada movie Charlie is good

stayblessed likes this.
  7. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the recommendation. I watched after reading your post.

Half way through I thought I predicted the murderer. Things were going per my prediction and then it didn't.

Enjoyed the movie.

8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it is a stupid concept and regretted watching the movie for Vijay sethupathy!

balakrish likes this.
  9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Felt the same as you mentioned.

Rihana likes this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Watched vikruthi malayalam movie. It's about how trolling in social media can affect a common man, how ppl are judgemental without knowing the actual situation of a person and about how trolling can be a double edged sword. It also educates us how there are laws which can be filed for defamation for what we think as harmless meme done for comedy and how it's important to always think before doing something for fun as it may not be funny from the other person's pov. Above all how we can be a better person by forgiving.
    Suraj's acting was excellent. He was too good in kaane kaane as well. For that matter most malayalam actors are so natural. They live the characters. Loved the scene where the son asks for apology and how suraj tells him that he lost his job. That scene made me so emotional. Came to know that the movie is remade in tamil as payanigal gavanikkavum and vidharth has done an excellent job as well. Have to see the tamil version.