1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Sarpatta parambarai - Wrong choice, but good movie for men, not for me. Boxing tradition and related characters. Period story of 70`s, taken with reality touch.

2. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Watched sarpatta parambarai and quite liked it. Its about the boxing matches and clans in North madras during the emergency period of india. Loved the fighting sequence and acting. Vembuli of idiyappam clan remains undefeated even by the fighters of the famous sarpatta clan. Idiyappa clans coach was defeated by sarpatta coach and hence he has trained vembuli with vengeance to beat any one who comes in the way. He throws a challenge and pasupathy the sarpatta coach takes it.

All the characters have acted so well. I have always liked pasupathy and no different in this film too. The character I like the best was the dancing rose played by shabeer kallarakkal. Really good acting whether it be mocking others or his dancing moves with beautiful foot work in the boxing ring or his humiliation or his trying to getting back he has done a good job. While all the characters have done a good job the hero arya couldn't act to save his life. While his fighting sequences in the boxing ring were good the emotional scenes were literally laughable. Could have done a better job.

Despite the 3 hour long film I felt some scenes were rushed like the changed mindset of arya and kalaiyarasan. It didn't fit. Women of the film were also unnecessarily loud. While their emotions are understandable their showing it was somehow I felt artificial. The beedi thathas dialogues were very nice.

Overall a nice movie and one time watch.

Laks09 likes this.
  3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Thittam Irandu (tamil) - reasonable thriller, unexpected twist at the end.All new actors except Aishwarya Rajesh.

4. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi
    My last seen movie is one, recent release in Aha channel,it's a malyalam political drama movie,also in Telugu language.Worth watching.

5. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

I saw Malayalam movie 'Sara's ' yesterday. Main lead is Anna Ben. I saw her movie first in Kumbalangi Nights.
    One time watch ok movie no comedy but not too serious. I liked the homes/apts shown in the movie with nice green balcony and hammock.

6. stayblessed

Kuruthi. Excellent movie. The theme of the story is how hatred pushes a man to do all wrongs. Hatred around religion is a sensitive topic. But they have shown the mistakes on both sides and have been fair for the most part. In the film One side is shown as murdering people pushed by religion and the other side is shown as protecting people driven by the same religion. Here by side I dont mean a particular religion. Good and bad people are there in all religions. I loved the father character and his dialogues. The old man has done really well. I also loved roshans acting. He is so natural. I liked his acting in C U Soon too. Prithvirajs acting was okay. My take away from the film is how one must always keep humanity above anything. The last dialogue by the heroine is still lingering in my ears. Can we ever go back to our old state? The answer to that is the message of the whole film. Relationships can never be the same after spewing extreme hatred.

7. stayblessed

Netrikkan. Was an okay movie. I liked the first half but didn't like the second half. I felt they simply dragged the movie.

8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Watched kanada movie (English subtitles) Nathicharami, a taboo subject, the story was little disturbing, she had a million choice but why she decided to get involved with a married man ?

Rihana likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I watched it though with a little fast-forwarding. I have the same question. The story does not show why she gets involved with a married man. In fact, I am not sure she even knows he is married. Does he tell her he is married?

As an aside, the devilish mind had to wonder what if the genders were reversed. : ) In the movie, the young widow is still in love with her husband and mentally loyal to him, buys fresh flowers daily to place by his portrait while pursuing modern, unconventional avenues for her, ahem, non-emotional needs.

If an Indian movie shows a widower around 30 or early 30's, devoted to his departed wife, not interested in marrying again, but texting a married woman friend"will you satisfy ...?", media will go berserk. : )

The movie is OK for a one time watch. Reasonable acting by the main cast. Predictable comparison of the heroine's life with that of her maid, and a lot of the story conveyed through the conversations of the woman with her maid-servant.

The heroine, Shruti Hariharan is cute.

sarvantaryamini, Mistt and Minion like this.
  10. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

I watched 'Merise Merise' telugu movie on APrime. Totally low budget movie and new cast. It happens very rarely that I do not look up the names of the lead cast. I watched the movie only to see the heroine and her pretty dresses. Very predictable story but clean movie