1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Velipadinte pustakam (jimmikki kammal fame) Nice to watch.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I too watched Nadigayar Thilagam few days back, and totally loved the movie. I was one of those who criticised the director's decision in choosing Keerthi Suresh for the role, but I was so wrong! She fit so well to the role, and in some places her child-like face made me welled up with tears. Especially in the place when they were just about to get married, GG would ask, 'do you like me?', her paavaamaana look when she nodded her head with an helpless 'Yes' is still haunting. The other one when the living room caught fire, Savithri instead of running for her daughter would hold the liquor bottle tightly to save it. Keerthy's performance was amazing then. The creators did an excellent job in the setting to bring back 60s cinema back to life.

There were few flaws in the movie which we have discussed in another thread, like showing GG as an underrated actor, and misleading info on how GG-Savithri's affair started etc. Apart from that, I felt Samantha-Vijay D's scenes were totally unnecessary. When we were totally engrossed with Savithri, and witnessing pityfully how wasted her life became, we were forced out of that to show Sam-Vijay's love story. Apart from these, it is a beautiful movie indeed.

Sofea, poovai, Ranchu and 1 other person like this.
  3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday I watched Geeta Govindam and thoroughly enjoyed it. Vijay has done very well and a delight to watch. I was the only person in the entire theatre and I enjoyed it. Eventhough there is not much story, it`s ok.
    Humming now - inkem inkem inkem kaavale

Itsmylife143 and shravs3 like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Good to know that you liked the movie.
    Exactly my situation after watching the movie - looping the songs repeatedly

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Recently saw Soorma and Parmanu. Both films are worth a watch for being different from run-of-the-mill Bollywood but one can't help feeling that an opportunity was wasted. The subject matters of both films are first class and they are great in bits but fall for the usual melodramatic tropes. More realism and a tighter screenplay would have turned them into unforgettable films. Parmanu is especially disappointing on that count. All they had to do was to present a faithful portrayal of the events surrounding Operation Shakti and the movie would have made it into the annals of Indian cinema as one of the greats. Instead they added a glamorous female agent from a made up department of security, a couple of clownish CIA and ISI agents, complete with Tom Alter-esq accented Hindi, as stand-ins for villains, and a ridiculously contrived nail-biter ending. The highlight of the movie is Boman Irani playing a tough as nails version of Brajesh Mishra, Prime Minister Vajpayee's principal secretary -- the man who was the driving force behind the 1998 nuclear tests. Of the two, Soorma is a better watch if only for the utterly charming Diljit Dosanjh and his melodious voice.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    kaniths likes this.
  6. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Watched Srinivasa Kalyanam and RX100 both are two different films, Emotions and entertainment missing in Srinivasa Kalyanam and RX100 is good flick one time watchable the heroine rocked the show with her acting.

Both the films have good songs.

7. ILoveTulips

Watched Junga yesterday. Total entertainment, and some good laugh out loud scenes, which nowadays becoming rare in comedy movies. Still, I felt bit disappointed. May be I had so much expectation because it's Vijay Sethupathi movie, or the reviews gave so much hype to the movie.. The plot is really good but many wasted premises; characters are good, but not utilised better. Yogi Babu's comedy was generally praised by the reviewers, but I didn't see anything special. Mostly repeated lines, we could easily predict what his next lines are going to be. For e.g., the police enquiry with Yogi Babu - 15 years back Madhavan perfected this scene in Nala Dhamayandhi. Radharavi's character was a laddu-like chance for them to make memorable comedy scenes. He was impressive in his performance too. They could have utilised him bit more and given him more screen space. Like he could have been the villain's friend, and shared some scenes with Saranya & the elderly terror paatti. So much funnier scenes would have born in this combo. So I felt that was such a waste. Even Delhi Ganesh lines remains in mind than that of Yogi's.

Saranya and the Paatti scenes were pleasure to watch. Well thought out characters they were. Their scenes reminded me of Thiruppu's paatti from Michael Madana Kaamarajan. Saranya surprises us and makes us fall in love with her movie after movie.

Songs were such a drag. Especially that first song with Madonna, "innumaaa paadittu irukkeennga?? vaasichadhu podhum, pottiya kattunga" Category.

Mafia gang, french police, terrorist leader - felt like too much ingredients but lost the recipe. Mafia gang, does kusthi sandai instead of using gun?? As I said, i felt the movie would have been more memorable if the above said characters were used well. Vijay Sethupathi, as always a pleasure to watch.

8. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I started Junga this weekend. Seeing Yogi Babu I stopped . Thinking twice whether to continue or not.
    He's one person who's not funny, doesnt take any efforts to show emotions, edhuku he's being portrayed a comedian I have no idea.
    Such a dud person. :shakehead:
    I'd rather prefer Bala saravanan or Soori. They both have talent to bring in comedy timing .

vidhyalakshmid and ILoveTulips like this.
  9. ILoveTulips

Ranchu, yes Ranchu. I don't find his comedies, or anybody who makes comedy based on their looks, funny at all.

I had huge expectations because it was Gokul's movie. In Idhaba, every single character was different and very likable. Sumar moonji kumaaru, Romba sumaar moonji kumaaru Daniel, Kumudha, Babyma Jangiri Madhumitha, Singam thambi Sirutha Soori, Annaachi, Sound (Robo ) Shankar, the murderers Babu & Raaj , Pattimandram Raaja , Office Manager M.S.Bhaskar.. the writing was so good that everybody got to make lasting impact with in the small screen opportunity. In Junga, people were not utilised well. And uninteresting people occupied more space, with very usual dialogues. Villain, heroine's dad, was such a mokka villain. Instead of the girl character, who helps them in Paris, they could have used somebody else.

10. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ILoveTulips - I'm not referring to looks directly. When you observe comedians, they have an Animated , exaggerated behavior that plays with timing to bring in laughs.
    This guy lacks everything.
    I then started with Mohini , adhulayum Yogi babu with his bland emotionless face. Kadi aayitten.

ILoveTulips likes this.