1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

watched RAJA RANI tamil, Ok. Director is new, the message is there will be life
    even after love failure.

2. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

old telugu film pandanti kapuram

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Been a fan of a off the track movies for quite some time or should i say more than 2 decades.introduced to the indian movie panorama of the biggies like adoor,satyajit ray, guru dutt through the clean entertainment motto of dd in my younger days it is was always a pleasure to watch them. infact these movies did give fodder to the multi-linguisitic thirst in me. Every sunday afternoon, was reserved for those special movies, that very few of my classmates or members in the family liked but thank god for the timing, i could indulge when the whole family dozed off.

Now you may wonder why i am going back through memory lane, well recently had the pleasure of watching a movie that was exactly what i meant in the title.something that really deals with relationships so well yet you it does not preach..the free flow of emotions, the natural moment of the movie makes is worth watchable.

I am talking about a very little known movie listen amaya. a simple, movie that has 3 characters around whom the whole movie is done.

Set in a beautiful background of delhi and a visual treat through the camera and ofcourse through the lens ( one of the character being a photographer) the whole movie has some wonderful emotions that run smooth. maybe it is more because they are two of india's versatile talented actors who don't act but just live the character.

The story is about Amaya understanding companionship, relationships, memories and moving forward through her own experience. Though modern and upbeat in her thoughts she still raises her brows at sex in relation to her mom and her companion. though looks like a small issue, it definitely shows the mind set of today's generation who still believe that it is just inside their boundaries and sex and senior citizen is taboo...

well wonderful delight to watch..thanks to fabindia beautiful collection,and the antiques and the artfully done cafe, the bedrooms..just feels like you wish to possess one of those. the mellowed feeling, the undercurrents and everything.

I am very late in posting the review as i had to wait this long to catch up on my list of movies.​

4. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Nishabd... What a pain it was to watch the movie. There is totally no logic... There is no details on how a 18year girl fell in love with her friend's father.

I should post this movie name in the thread 'worst movie you ever saw'.
    Hate ram gopal varma for making such a stupid movie..

5. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Watched Parineeta & Vicky Donor movies.

Both are different genre movies and I liked both movies.

Parineeta is Vidya Balan debut and she has carried of the role very well.

6. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

watched atharintiki daredi movie. Wont say an awesome movie in all aspects but if you dont keep any expectations except for entertainment then you will enjoy it.

7. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Band Baaja Baaraat
    Waste of time. There is nothing great in Sonam Kapoor. There was absolutely no chemistry between the leads. Suprised to know that it fared well in Box-office.

CockTail
    I loved the movie. Simple story but it was very interesting. I loved Diana Penty. Saif & Diana are great on-screen pair. Too many skin shows from Deepika.

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Nemo, you mean Anushka Sharma?

On a further note, I differ from your choices. I loved BBB but didn't like Cocktail:biggrin2:

2 people like this.
  9. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Sofea, same here. Cocktail I have started watching in flight and slept off , after waking up what it feels likes ages.. the movie is still running with most embarrassing scenes :bang :bangcomp:

BBB - It was kind of good, while I liked Anushka in this but after watching Ladies Vs Ricky Bhel- I kind compare of Pairneeta & Anushka in every scene, I don't know but why and ended up liking Parineeta.:)

10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

woah...woah....did i hear ppl saying things against my fav heroine's movie.
    Dippi fan is here....I loved cocktail.
    The bad gal Deepika was the HERO of that movie.

1 person likes this.