1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Monsson what Magic

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends, Monsoons as such don’t hold much magic or romance for me. See the first Thirty years of my life were spent in Mumbai, and the next Thirty in Jaipur.

Mumbai, well it was great to see the Monsoon from our 13[SUP]th[/SUP] floor Flat at Worli Sea Face. The waves lashing at the sea face, the people getting wet, and we friends , that is males, used to go and get wet on the Sea Face, under the waves, come home, dry, and tell mom to give us Tea and some toast. The friends too would be there, or we would all go to one of the friends house for this.

There were many girls in the building, and we used to think seeing wet girls would be fun, but buddies, as the clothes get wet, they cling to the body, and all the imperfections would come out, like if she has a paunch hidden under loose clothes, fat thighs etc. And many a make up woul;d be washed off, we are talking of some 30 to 40 years back, when make up was just Lakme, and O loreal had not yet come to india, so the girl would not look half as attractive without the makeup.

Having no sisters, we being 4 brothers, dad too had no sister, nor did mom, she was the only one , so Raksha bandhan had no special meaning for me. And Rakshabandhan comes during monsoons in August , right ? and like a moth is attracted to the light, girls whom I admired, thought to be wife material, would get attracted to me, but with brotherly feelings. And that damn Rakhi looked like a hand cuff that the policeman puts on the convicts. And so many dreams of mine got shattered.

Sadistic Babes really !!

WE had our office at Lower Parel, we are talking of the seventies, when we used to tell anyone that we work at LP. We used to say Worli, which too then was not that great a place. Today of course it is the crème de la crème . Well this area of lower parel was always under knee deep waters, and with mills working 24 hours, it was one lousy expierence to go in the rains to office, and worli and lower parel the distance being some 2 kms, no taxi chap would go, even today they don’t go. And once I saw a snake swimming, as I waded thru the waters. U can imagine what happened.

Once my umbrella broke, as I got down from the bus at Worli Sea Face, and I got all wet till I walked upto my building. And I was like going to the loo too, but I felt I cant hang on till home, as it is I am wet, why not ? Well I let myself go, I knew no one would be any wiser, and anyway the clothes would have gone for wash , so what the hell. To tell u the truith, it felt nice, and different. As different as that tomato sauce ad that pankaj kapoor did “ its different “

Jaipur , well we don’t have much rains, andi was married when I came here, so there was no romance as such with wife, or in the rains, or both together. Therein hangs a tale.

HA HA

KAMAL MAHTANI

4 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

So Kamalji was the most preferred brother during those monsoon/raakhi days :):):)

In Chennai we never had raakhi those times so we never were in your situation Kamalji but hold on we never had girls to romance around too - now you should be happy I suppose :)

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,

HAHA. Well in mumbai , boys of the seventies were more scared of Rakhis than guns, a rakhi would send boys hiding under beds those days.

and i think a year or two back, Rakhi and friendship day came on the same day, u can imagine the confusion among the girls to make the boy a friend or a brother.

HAHAHAHA

Regards

kamal

4. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

I love the rains in India Kamalji. I miss them a lot. I have danced, drove my two wheeler, hot mirchi bhajji and had all the masti.:):wow

Here in Canada it brings coldness. Even though there is no water stagnant, roads are clean , not wondering what we are stepping on , no pipe break out or power outages etc but it brings coldness. We are forced to wear a jacket no matter even if its a slight drizzle. On the positve note, no one worries that they don't have an umbrella etc continue to enjoy their walk/run in the rain. On the downside if the rains are harsh we would have trees falling down.

I remembering tying rakhi in school to my senior who was hitting on me :yes: .But then it didn't stop there started behaving protective which was annoying for me and I had to let my teachers know to put a full stop.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear GS,

Then u have done themost romantic things that can be possible, that we see only in movies.HAHA

WEll u did not likle the poor chap liking u, and then protecting u, poor fellow that.HAHA

Thanks.

Regards

kamal

6. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Lol, very true...

I think, boys are scared of rakhis even today
    gigglingsmiley

:biglaugh

Good read kamalji sir...:thumbsup

What monsoon?? Hmmm, pretty name given to this evil :hide:(sorry Indradevta) Water-logged roads and wet clothes is what I dislike about the rain. Coming home drenched in water, Eww I hate it. I'm scared of getting sick. & rain messing up my hair, Argh, worst feeling...

What magic?? hmm, I just love spending hours looking out of the window watching rain at night and love writing my name with the water droplets.

Weekend + rain + soft music + hot corn mixed with chatpati spicy salt and lemon (yummy)/ sandwich with sauce === Perfect
    :thumbsup...I just love it...

7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kamalji,

Monsoon is my favorite season especially I live in Florida.where we get rain most evening during the year .Interestingly here we do not have to encounter the aftermath of the rain.

Love,
    Bhavna

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    The first rain and the wet ground smell is really enjoyable. Torrential rain is also enjoyable if we sit at home and watch it through the window.
    some time back when we went out, while returning there was hail storm and it was so enchanting that the road was covered with white pearls of different sizes! It was very rare in Chennai and our driver said that it was the first time in his life he was seeing hail storm.
    PS

2 people like this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Angelic,

Yes and i think friendship day is today or tomorrow, and rakhi a week later . Sometimes both come same day, and it is dicey for the boys.HAHA

Your idea of the monsoon with music, and sandwitch, is very good. i love to watch the rains in mumbai from our sea facing flat, where u can see the whole of mumbai, and what with plenty of fishes too available , for me that is heaven.

Regards

kamal

QUOTE=Angellic;3343707]
    Lol, very true...

I think, boys are scared of rakhis even today
    gigglingsmiley

:biglaugh

Good read kamalji sir...:thumbsup

What monsoon?? Hmmm, pretty name given to this evil :hide:(sorry Indradevta) Water-logged roads and wet clothes is what I dislike about the rain. Coming home drenched in water, Eww I hate it. I'm scared of getting sick. & rain messing up my hair, Argh, worst feeling...

What magic?? hmm, I just love spending hours looking out of the window watching rain at night and love writing my name with the water droplets.

Weekend + rain + soft music + hot corn mixed with chatpati spicy salt and lemon (yummy)/ sandwich with sauce === Perfect
    :thumbsup...I just love it...

[/QUOTE]

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhavna,

Yes, no slush, or traffic jams as we have here, y cousins are there in florida, they keep telling me taht.

Regards

kamal