1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

What might be good for cleaning kitchen sink, gas stoves, tiles ?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by malathi2014, Nov 17, 2014.

1. malathi2014

malathi2014 New IL'ite

Hello,

I would really appreciate if you can give your opinion. I am trying to find a right mop and even cleaners

Thnx

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In US, you can try using 'soft scrub' cleaning agent to clean kitchen, bathrooms etc.

3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

For cleaning the kitchen sinks / stove / bathroom sinks etc - Barkeeper's friend. We learnt of it when somebody scratched our bathroom sink and it looked ugly. This removed all the scratches, and now we use it to clean most surfaces. Just make sure you wear gloves when you use this because it is quite abrasive.

Floors - depends on what kind of floor you have. If you are talking about non-carpeted areas - broom, followed by swiffer dry wipes followed by swiffer wet wipes.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I use Tilex to clean the bathtub, porcelain sinks and tile in the bathroom. I spray and clean off in a few minutes, using a scrub brush.
    I use Windex to clean the surface of the gas stove, and I wash the grates and burner tops separately in the sink. Nothing abrasive as I'm afraid of scratching the finish.
    Chlorox disinfecting cleaner with bleach is my go-to for cleaning countertops. I also keep a pack of Lysol disinfecting wipes handy in the kitchen.
    We have hardwood floors, so I just sweep everyday and vacuum once a week.