1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What men want from women

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by piu, Jul 30, 2007.

1. WesternDevi

WesternDevi New IL'ite

I'm not married but I'm in a live-in, long-term relationship with my boyfriend so he counts as "husband" as far as I'm concerned.

He wants the same things from me that I want from him;

1. lots of affection
    2. regular and diverse sex (multiple positions, oral, etc)
    3. good food

We provide these basics for each other, in fact, he's cooking for me right now and after that we will make love for hours.

Probably in a year or two our needs might change.

2. aswathy

aswathy New IL'ite

Hi iam quite new to this site

3. piu

piu New IL'ite

wellcome aswathy.take part on this thread n forum.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

so aswathy,

waiting for fresh inputs from you..........

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

A thoughtful presented by punita and well observed reply posts from others too...
    Any how it is to be noted the coin has both sides like what a man wants from his women and what a women wants from her man.

When both their anticipations, expectations and emotions blend in balanced manner, then the life is beautiful.

Domination by either sect leads to arguments.
    Be a good listener, analyze, observe, accommadate, convince, get things done makes the task easier.
    Ego Clash will lead to disasters, give little room for others opinions as it involves both the partners & family's welfare.

Every man may expect their women as loyal, helping, caring, obeying, and adhere to his whims and fancies,

Here I differ, The way man expects women also has the rights to see her man has the same.

Be respectable with due self respects to each other,
    Discuss all personal, emotional, economical and all worldly matters with patience, take the prioritites in order, save energy to withstand all unexpected events occur periodically in Life.

Love and be Loved

subbu

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    yes i have seen men need space .what does this space mean -zero contribution towards household work,kids education & needs , no support to u in family fights( if u r unlucky enough to stay with his parents.)
    so fair enough we also need space but do we honestly get that space...............
    isn't something concerning our family is always bothering us.how many of us make plan to go to movies without kids ............

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi il's,

I remember reading this write up on "What a man really wants :tongue" by TOM MCKnight..the author of "HOW TO WIN THE ONE YOU WANT" - here it is ...

Though primarily addressed to the women, most men who happen to feel drawn to read this article will find themselves doing so with a touch of curiosity. Of course, they think they already know what a man wants and are curious as to whether I am going to say something different or not.
    They think a man wants a good looking woman. Foremost, last and always. And though, as a man, I know where they're coming from, what a man is really looking for is something much deeper than that. He is wanting something to reassure him that he is an alright guy, that he is an okay person, that he is worth something.
    In short, what a man really wants is validation.
    He seeks this in many ways, a primary vehicle of which is his relationship with women. Something instinctive tells him that she can make him alright. Whether it be by how pretty a woman he can keep at his side, or by the scorecard of how many women he has vanquished in some romantic fashion, he sometimes goes through an entire lifetime attempting to feel good about himself through having relationships with women.
    Harvey
    In the classic movie taken from the play Harvey, with Jimmy Stewart, there is a scene in which a very rigid psychiatrist, Dr. Willie Chumley, begins to let down his emotional defenses and reveal his true desires in life. He said if his fondest wish were to come true, it would be to just lie in his comfortable chair for hours and have some compassionate female simply rubbing his head, saying over and over, "Poor boy!"
    The humor in the character is the fact that there is a little bit of Dr. Chumley in every man. Down deep he wants to be unconditionally loved just like a little boy by a perfect, loving mother.
    Pride, of course, causes that vulnerability to be hidden as a man grows from childhood into manhood. First it is hidden from others and then at last it is hidden from himself, but it is still there waiting to be discovered.
    Meanwhile, man begins to seek some sort of gratification as a substitute for this missing unconditional love from a source he can look up to, and he usually turns to those substitutes that never quite fill him up, emotionally speaking. There is always something lacking, or as the Rolling Stones have said and capitalized on, he "can't get no satisfaction."
    The Key to Winning a Man's Heart
    But the fact remains, he is vulnerable, very vulnerable. And for that wise woman who understands this it provides an opening to secure the man of her choice like spearing fish in a barrel!
    You see, most men going around trying to sport a good looking woman on their arm, or keeping lists of their female conquests, for one reason and one reason alone: It gives them a sense of validation and being worth something, and that is a feeling they desperately feel the need for.
    The only problem is, this kind of validation is temporary and fleeting and, like a drug or alcohol, only leaves him feeling empty and in need of another fix as soon as a little time has gone by.
    Man's greatest vulnerability is not a physical need, but a psychological one. It is the need to be loved, but not just loved by anyone - to be loved by someone he senses is emotionally independent and strong. This kind of love is validating and worthwhile.
    So, if you as a woman wish to stand out and make a difference to the man of your dreams you have to make up your mind not to be weak. You must demonstrate in your every action that, though you may derive great enjoyment and fulfillment in the company of the man you want, you still have the capacity to survive very well and go on with your life and be happy without him if he ever takes you for granted or misuses you.
    A man may think he needs a bimbo by his side to show off to the other guys, but in his heart he knows he's perpetrating a fraud. She may help him make the other guys jealous, evoking a kind of prideful satisfaction in one way on his part, but in his heart he knows she's not what he really wants or needs. He's compromised for this because he's lacking the real thing he wants.
    No, what a man really wants is a woman who loves him in spite of himself, but won't put up with his bull.
    Validate Your Man
    Here are several key points to remember, in trying to bring true love into your life and into the life of the man you choose:
    Come to terms with the fact that you don't need anyone to be happy in your life. You may want someone very badly, but in the end you must come to accept the reality that you will always somehow survive if it doesn't happen and you will make the best of what life gives you. Make up your mind that you will not ever tolerate being disrespected, disregarded, misused, abused, or used in any fashion whatsoever. You need not revile against someone who so treats you, but you definitely make your absence felt in their life when they do so. Be reserved in the love you shower upon your man. You may bestow limited tokens of cherishing, but if they are not reciprocated in quantity and kind, back off or your love will become less and less appreciated and ultimately despised.
    Learn to listen objectively, and to reflect feelings expressed by him without advising, criticizing, or trying to change him. Don't even offer too much sympathy, lest it be quickly taken for granted. Don't be afraid to be without him for extended periods of time. When he is out of your life, make sure that your life is as happy and productive and fruitful as it ever is when he's around. At the same time, don't throw out a welcome mat that says, "Walk On Me!" the minute he starts coming back around. Show pleasure to see him again, but be restrained.
    Conclusion
    In essence, then, you have it in your power to calm your troubled man like a little boy in his mother's arms. Therein lies what a man really wants: a Woman who nurtures him but who he can look up to and knows won't take any of his guff.
    Be caring, but be strong. Therein lies the key to fulfilling a man's heart. You may wonder why I'm so concerned about meeting the man's needs and not yours, but that's another article. If he isn't fulfilling your needs you're definitely choosing the wrong man.
    But if you've got the right man and you become What He Really Wants, such a love must be clung to with all the strength you can muster. For such a love is attainable, but rare in this world of ours.

Happy reading...

9. piu

piu New IL'ite

thanks shanvy for ur briliant post:2thumbsup: .......wish we'll be helped by other male members:-D ......to know there secret:wink:

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi piu,,\

Thanks..i just shared what i read....I have posted it as a separate thread..to attract more attention :tongue let us see....