1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Makes A Great Dad?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I would like to nominate this post for the fine post

jskls likes this.
  2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@jskls
    A nice tribute to all fathers!
    Almost all fathers love their children and is always there when needed. In fact they are role model to the children.
    PS

sindmani and jskls like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful write up - every father who is a father in the true sense - deserves to be honoured. My father is no more with us but is always there in my memories and cant but wonder at the extent of his sacrifices for our family.
    A very happy father's day.

4. Emyfrancis

Emyfrancis New IL'ite

I am really thankful to god for giving such a wonderful man as my father.:blush:

jskls likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

An excellent tribute to your Dad. I had finished my nominations , glad Kamala and Periamma nominated. I am sure you will get the award

jskls likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

It is wonderful to read your snippet describing the role your father played in shaping your life and your husband emulating his model for your children. You reminded me of my father who spoke very little but was a great role model for me and most I learned are from his thoughts and actions. He showed how to become epitome of love. When my brother and I were young, we were more interactive with our mom than dad. Later, when he became sick, we understood how deeply he loved both of us. I missed him so much when I was building my career and continue to do even now.

Now, coming back to me being a good dad, I am guilty of not spending much time with my only child (son) when he was young as I was doing a lot of international travel. My wife filled in for me and shaped his life so very well. After 2001, I left the job and started working from home. My son was 13 at that time and luckily I had a lot of interaction with him from late middle school and high school stage. I am very proud to see him as a person filled with love and compassion thanks to my wife. Unfortunately, collegiate education doesn't give any value to be a good human but his interaction with people who are in need does. After finishing his Ph.D., he has plans to work for a few years to learn more, start something on his own and do a lot of contribution for the people in need. Hopefully, I will have enough life left in me to see him contribute to the society.

Viswa

7. nosh

nosh New IL'ite

my dad passed away in 2016. did not wish him happy fathers day becoz he was too intimidating. would want to hug him and tell him today that his being around was inspirational. tough love and the silent support was great to make all of us at home reach for the stars in whatever we did.

jskls likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

awesome! Glad that you are blessed with such a wonderful dad. Hope you had a good fathers day.

Naari likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I am sure his blessings are with you wherever he is. Take care

10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Periamma. Actions speak better than words. Glad to know that you had a wonderful dad :)