What it takes to become a successful and happy women?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mehzabeen, May 10, 2013.

1. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Many a times I pondered upon this question? - "What should I do next?"

Should women be a household asset? Or are the successful business women happy with their achievement(s) :cheers? Or Does the peace and happiness only lie hidden in worship of God :bowdown? Being a good wife, good mom, good daughter-in-law.. (which is near to impossible).. should be one's target in life?

Should a talented girl, work upon her talent and win something?

Please give your opinion and help me in deciding my future :drowning.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Dear Mehazabeen,
    Thats a wonderful yet thought provoking query. Infact most of IL's here going through or have gone through this phase.But see it all depends on your priorities in life. I wonder how can an educated girl can sit at home and dedicated to household chores. Dont you understand it all circumstances behind/surrounding her??Yes, Women tend to moveon with circumstances, so they endup sacrificing their career or aspirations as the first milestone for the sake of changing priorities in life after marriage. They are such flexible that they can be household assets and corporate assets too!! It all depends on the support they get after marriage from her PILs and husband. Especially after kids, no wonder its a challenge and they have choice between kids and career......which is quite natural and they are okay to become a household asset sacrificing for kids.
    Anywyas, there can be N no of reasons and there is no conclusion made from any, but I would say it all depends on your personal priorities how do you want to shapeup your future.

1 person likes this.
  3. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Dear Priya_Mommy,

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. I do completely agree with you. 'Priorities' are personal. and only based on the priorities, we could shape our future.

To decide my priority, I would like to take other ILites' experience. I believe, 'Experience' is a costly yet reliable teacher. In order to sort down my priorities, can you please give me your examples and your personal experience with this concern.

Thank you once again.

4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

no default answers here. only custom made ones.

maybe u ll get more answers if its moved to general discussions.

1 person likes this.
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mehzabeen

To be a successful and happy women. A women should give her full 100% in any role that she carries herself.
    Let it be the role of a business woman, or a working women or a housewife, or any other role she takes she should willingly carry on that role from her heart.
    Not just becoz she needs to make someone happy she has to act the way they want her to be, but she has to be herself only then she can be happy and make her surrounding happy.

4 people like this.
  6. DoesntMatter

DoesntMatter Silver IL'ite

To be happy and successful, dont make anyone/anything but yourself the center of your life. You come first, only next does someone/something else

4 people like this.
  7. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Thank you Arunarc and DoesntMatter.. You feedbacks are valid for million dollar. I too thinks the same.. whatever i do.. I've to do it for myself, only satisfy me, only self-centeric preson can be happy and successful.

8. devipriya

devipriya Senior IL'ite

love yourself...then you can love others.... this will graudally make you feel happy

1 person likes this.
  9. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Happy successful so and so on all are state of mind. I feel at one point of time I cannot say that I wish I would have been like Mother Teresa, Indira Gandhi, Sarojini Naidu, Lata Mangeskar so and so on. No I want to be me and myself. What I like to do I would like to excel in that not that I have to run in the rat race to be a winner. Even if I win I dont enjoy my success because I never liked it just for the sake of running I ran. So it depends what you want in life and how you can be happy. To be successful comes later first comes your happiness. As someone said dont try to make others happy rather then you being happy or else you will land up no where. Very nice thread. Would like to read more about other thoughts on this.

2 people like this.
  10. I am completely agree on this that "To be a successful and happy women. A women should give her full 100% in any role that she carries herself. Let it be the role of a business woman, or a working women or a housewife, or any other role she takes she should willingly carry on that role from her heart."

There are lot of roles in a woman's life but it depends on her that how she got succeed in those roles. But today the time is not like before where woman's are just treating like an home asset. Today woman's are proving there-self in different fields.

1 person likes this.