What is your favourite festival?

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

I love DIWALI. It is so full of life. I love to watch lights everywhere , in every house. Specially i like the Diyas.
    I remember my childhood when my mom used to make so many things like Besan Laddo, Mathri, SakkarPaare, Chakli, Sev and what not.
    Every year this is the only time when hubby and I get to go to mom and in-laws place.
    I enjoy it to the core. Although I dont like crackers that make so much noise. but i like "Fuljhadi" , "Chakri" and "Anaar". I also like to dress up on this day :wink:

2. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friend,

I like deepavali very very much ........... i love this festival i enjoy crackers i am mad of crackers even now i will go to my parents place especially to celebrate this festival . my father my sister & my self we enjoy crakers all the day .... every diwali is memorable day to me...... on that day we will do laxmi pooja also with all the lights .

bye
    sravy

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,
    Nice thread. As the mother of two kids taking up responsibility of preparing the food and preparing for the festival itself comes first. But still, I make sure that we all enjoy all the festivals to the core.

When we were kids, for all the festivals, my mom use to make all delicacies atleast two sweets and two savouries. She is a very good cook and we have always relished. But now due to time constraint and as the kids are small I feel so bad that I am unable to make these at home. But still I make one or two savouries.

We had and have fun always during Navaratri and Diwali.

In our neighbourhood we have an unannounced competition, of who bursts the first cracker and whose house has more number of cracker papers in front of their house. It was all fun. Also we share the sweets and savouries and after that go to our grandparent's house to take the blessings. There again all uncles and our cousins join together and we again have fun.

Now, as we live in apartments we have all fun here and we go to our parents place and inlaws place to take their blessings. Now I am happy to see that my kids are also enjoying Diwali very much. Though my son is a bit afraid o the crackers he enjoys all the flower pots and other fancy lights.

Navaratri is another favourite where again we friends plan a long ahead as to how the park will be. How big and what speciality we are going to have or what will be the theme. Those friends who dont have the practice of keeping Golu in their house will help the others.

My daughter's favourite is always Navarathri. As she gets chance to display her toy sets in the park. And she can dress up too in all her favourite dresses. She wants to give the Thamboolam to all those who visit us. Also it is she who goes all around our apartment and street to invite everyone to our home to get the Thamboolam.

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Diwali ofcourse. so much fun with fire crackers and food and clothes and friends and relatives.
    regards
    anandchitra:2thumbsup: