What is your employment status?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by IL_Admin, Aug 10, 2011.

What is your employment status?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2011.
  1. Employed

61 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Self-Employed

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Work-From-Home

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Homemaker

46 vote(s)
    33.1%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

I am working ever since i did my post graduation...but have got long leaves when i had my two kids...
    All in all it is more than a decade of me working and i think i will continue to work just for the sake of sense of security it provides me.

Regards,
    Payal

2. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

I was working before marriage, now looking after my LO and going to complete my research, so i WILL work after a couple of years.I feel very confident and positive energy when I am working, and if sitting idle, i become lazy, so I am waiting for my job..

3. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

I worked from HS graduation, through college, joined the military and continued to work. Was laid off almost 6 years ago, and went back to school to get a second degree and a MA. Have been looking for work since 2009-no luck, as teachers are being laid off in my state. My husband has a good job (Army) and we get by, but I miss working. Voted other, as I am unemployed yet looking for work.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Right now, am a Homemaker, by choice.

I have worked before marriage and for sometime after marriage. I thoroughly enjoyed being busy then..and now enjoy the time I get to do what I like, at my own pace.

5. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Hello,

I pursued my PG and jus got employment in MNC...all set to start my career after marriage and a kid.

Regards

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I have been employed in a top MNC since 5 years and i have enjoyed each and every bit of it,Though i don't say job is mandatory for women but if gives you that extra image,but quitting it for family sake is something meaningful...Job gives you more confidence and security..I think as long as we can it is better to be employed and no sin if you are not employed too.

but if we have oppurtunity and atmosphere it is better to work!

7. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I am a computer graduate. My husband runs his own web-designing company and i work for him from home as traveling takes a lot of time and the roads are bad (and presently with my pregnancy... we do not want to risk anything). The roads are pathetic. There are reports of people getting killed in accidents due to bad road conditions and no one is ready (government nor the contractors of the roads doing the flyover on the bad roads) to improve the same. I will continue the same even after our baby grows/goes to school along with some hobby classes (i was planning to learn music both vocal and instrumental).

8. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear Helen,
    I have cast my vote..Am employed in a MNC company,for me job give me satisfaction,confidence,security,image and more important thing.. finacially independent,i able to take my own decision and my DH support for the same.It all depends whether women need to work..depends in their own situation.i dont have kids yet so am sailing in the boat and i pray that my boat shouldnt sink until it reaches the shore.

br,
    Deepa.

9. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear,
    A great thread!

I have cast my vote "employed". I have been working ever since I completed my masters. For me working was neither a necessity, nor was there any pressure from my parents. During my BTech (BE), I did not appear for a single campus interview, as most of the companies were from IT field and I did not want to join IT after doing my graduation in the other major field of engineering. I straight way joined for ME and during that course got placed in an organization of my choice. Then on I have been working with the same organization. While working, I pursued my phd and completed it recently. I just want to mention, the journey during my phD has been extremely difficult and hostile, but I never lose focus. It took me much longer time than I anticipated, but I am happy with my work for the thesis.

For me, my job is my satisfaction! I love the work I do. It makes me financially independent also, and made my life easier in hard times. Also, it makes me visit places, which in turn keep me healthy, mentally and physically also.

I would just like to mention of two other cases, who are not in IL. One is my Mom, who worked before marriage and had to quit after marriage, as she was the eldest Bahu of a big joint family. But through out her life, she has been a complete upright and independent person, for which my Father also plays a great role.

Another one is one of my friends, who worked before marriage till she got her child. She discontinued her job, as many of the ILites here upto her child became 2-2.5 years and rejoined her job. Now she plays the role of an extremely loving and caring Mom and Wife and and an efficient employee.

10. vidhyaramkumar

vidhyaramkumar Senior IL'ite

Hi, I am a homemaker by choice.

Was working before marriage and hence enjoyed the freedom of spending. Since my mom and my mil was working, both me and my husband felt one of us should be able to spend quality time with the kids.

Both of them now go to school, so i am pursuing with my hobbies and venturing new ideas too. I still learn with my kids and keep myself up-to date with the technology world.