1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Is With Colored Cakes Nowadays

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by mirrorimage, Mar 29, 2018.

1. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

every birthday party I go ,all of them has this beautifull decorations on cake.Is it even edible? I sometimes wonder.
    what happened to plain old simple cakes like previous generation.why are people nowadays opting for such things when its so bad for health..and children! become innocent victims of these fondants and colors...

iyerviji and Sandycandy like this.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Not the color but the excess sugar in the cakes is what drives me nuts !

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Not just birthdays but why are people giving excess candies and cakes for any occasion ? Just few weeks backs my kids came home with bags of candies for st Patrick , before that valentines treats , today Easter party with so much candies and cup cakes . This has to stop really !!!

4. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

oh thats bad..do they eat them in class? what are they even doing to kids!!!!They will lose their natural instinct of what is good and bad for them.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

a generation being overloaded with sugar. edible pens colors and colors.. seriously sugar and more sugar..and then we have articles on epidemic obesity!!!

6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

First about the cakes,
    Even I hate the fondants, many kids does too , half the time I see it being left out on the plate. There is a lot of awareness coming in about these cakes not being 'too sweet' but be balanced to enjoy it these days, maybe due to all the good quality national / international cookery shows. So let's see.

Excessive sugar ,
    I have had the same issues with the amount of sugar in our children's lives each day. Since when did every celebration became about sugar sugar n more sugar :confused: n the stuff that's being sold as children's snack, more sugar o_O

Then I realized that until unless I teach my kid the self control n right choices from young, I will make no true progress. N that's what I did.

I explained, spoke about and showed videos n articles about the wrong n right choices of food n started following the same. I should say the progress is a lot better n faster than what I had imagined, which in turn encourages even me towards the right choices at 90% of the time. :angel:

Shanvy likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there is no other way @ashneys empowering kids with knowledge and good choices and they will fall into the habit..