what is weakly positive

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by succhi, Dec 7, 2015.

1. succhi

succhi Silver IL'ite

hi

i am a 27 year married .now i have missed my periods and its the 33rd day now(starting from the first day of last periods).when i checked through IUd...it says weakly positive....what does that mean?
    and when shall i visit my gynaec?.....is it too early if i visit now?my mom and mil are asking me to wait till 45 days.....
    i am tensed....please guide

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Succhi,
    In early days we are supposed to wait for two weeks from the day of missing periods to check in Home pregnancy kits. But these days there are some early pregnancy detection kits help to know pregnancy. Only by 7 weeks its easy to check heat beat of the growing fetus and other things can be seen in ultra sound scan.
    These days people are more curious and check very early. So, the hCG count is very low, and called weak positive. You have to wait for few more days to see a strong positive in kits.

1 person likes this.
  3. succhi

succhi Silver IL'ite

thanks a lot dear Vasumathy....does that mean i will have to get the hormone injected?i have heard that if some hormone is low, it results in spotting and it must be injected....so its better i hurry to the gynaec...isn't it?

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No, you don't need hormones injected. You just need to wait few more weeks to let the body prepare enough hCG hormones to show up.
    If there is spotting or pain, do check with your gynec. Other than that don't worry much.

1 person likes this.